Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Vette! Dream: realized.

Well, I finally did it.

Long story short, wife got hit by some idiot running a red arrow, ins. company paid out twice what the car was worth, so the idea was to pocket half and use half to buy a comparable A-B econobox: basically return to status quo and gain some cash.

Anyway, I got the bug on a '93 in red, but price was way too high and we were looking for something a little more practical and good on gas. Gave it up and went back to looking at Toyotas. Anyway, doing a quick cars.com search, I accidentally entered $100 more than I had been searching for previously, and this pristine white '91 jumps right to the top of the list. Jackpot! This car was as cheap as all get out and I got the dealership to take a bit more off the top (plus warrantee! but nobody in their right mind honestly thinks these little parking-lot size private dealers will ever pay out on one of those).

Anyway, the car is in great shape and runs super smooth, but has clearly been owned by a billy-bob type repairman, lots of little niggles and scary looking jury-rigged bits that I intend to fix up (oh god, the zip ties, electrical tape, and hose clamps...). Not sure whether to post those here, or in the C4 forum, all in one go or all separately.

Always wanted a corvette since I could see, and now I have one. Still, a C4 was never my first choice, and this is just a stepping stone. Hopefully I'm still on track to pick up a low mileage C6 in a year or so and turn this one into either the wife's car or a proper racer.

Been lurking for a long long long time, and happy now to have something to post!

Cheers!
~Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
congrats

hi nice vette get in a vette club and go to some vette shows and you will never drive anything else in your life kraz

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
From the outside it looks pretty darn good! I loved my first Corvette (a 88 C4), miss it everyday! Give this Corvette a chance, you may find you never ever want to drive anything else.:thumbsup:

Have fun!:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts