Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally broke down and got new wheels and tires for my truck and got the front-end levelled on my 2005 Z71. Up until now, it sat at factory ride height and had factory tires with aftermarket wheels on it and looked just like a two-wheel drive truck. Now, it finally looks like a Z71 should.
Before:

Now:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looking good. I have to do a rear brake job on my 05 this Saturday. I have no clue why the Avalanche and the 2500 both had disc rears in 05 but our 1500s had drums. I hate drum brakes.:laughing:

Truck looks sharp as always. What size wheel did you go with? I like the machine faced look.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliment guys! I am loving it and I am excited about it as much now as I was when I first got the truck new. The wheels are 18X9 Eagle Alloy 197's with the super machine finish. I love the black/machined look and these are my favorite wheels out there. I got them from SD Wheel corp online for $650. As far as the drum brakes, I read an article awhile back that GM did it to improve brake performance. I thought that drum brakes was ancient technology and not as good as disc brakes. I say it was a way to cut costs myself.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Those wheels are really simular to mine. Great choice.:laughing: When my tires wear out I plan on some Nitto Grapplers. I had them on my Ram and loved them.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Thanks for the compliment guys! I am loving it and I am excited about it as much now as I was when I first got the truck new. The wheels are 18X9 Eagle Alloy 197's with the super machine finish. I love the black/machined look and these are my favorite wheels out there. I got them from SD Wheel corp online for $650. As far as the drum brakes, I read an article awhile back that GM did it to improve brake performance. I thought that drum brakes was ancient technology and not as good as disc brakes. I say it was a way to cut costs myself.
I'd like that wheel powdercoated black, but I need it in a 20" wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts