Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into buying the 2 new products and I was just wondering what steps they are in the whole process, and are they included in a new dvd or do you just substitute them for other products. Also what is the best way to use them (besides with a PC). Does anyone have any pictures using the new products (I did a search and came up with nothing). Also does this new stuff work better on certain colors more than others, the vehicles I will be detailing mostly with this stuff would be a 2006 "Lemans Blue" type blue pickup truck, a Bright Red Grand Prix, and a "Nassau Blue" Looking 71 Vette (Can't remember the official color). Will the new products give me more of a shine on the cars listed above, then the SHR, revive and Buttery? Thanks for all the help in Advance.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
Thanks for your post and your business

Our new Fine Machine Polish and Machine Super Wax offers the best in protection and shine then ever before. They can be used on all colors and will give you more shine and depth than any other product you have used. They are designed and color coordinated specifically for the Porter Cable and our Black & White two-sided pad.

Here is the process for the Machine Polish and Super Wax:

1. Wash and Dry the Vehicle
2. Clay if necessary to remove surface contaminates
3. Apply the Fine Machine Polish using the White - light polishing pad
4. Remove Polish with a Microfiber Towel - (I find it much more effective to wrap a towel around the end of the pad. You don't remove all of the polish, but it doesn't matter because you will go right over the same area again with the Super Wax)
5. Apply the Super Wax using the Black - waxing pad
6. Remove Wax with a Microfiber towel
7. Stand back and look at the shine

The new Super Wax lasts 5 times longer then our Buttery Wax, but is still easy to use. The Revive Polish, Swirl and Haze Remover, and Buttery Wax are still great products that can be used by hand or with the Machine. The Fine Machine Polish and Super Wax can only be used with the PC.

We also have released our new Instructional DVD that shows you step-by-step how to use the new Polish and Wax.

Hope this helps. Look for our July special coming soon.:cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Should/can you use SHR by itself as an extra step before using the Machine Polsih in order to better remove swirls and scratches? Thanks in advance.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
You sure can!! In fact, if the Swirls are moderate to heavy then it is recommended to use the Swirl and Haze first with either the Green or Orange Pad, then go over with the Fine Machine Polish. Followed by the Super Wax.

Thanks for your question and Good Luck!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly is the difference between the orange and green pads and the white and black one? How do I know which one to use on a car? What is the definition of "Moderate" swirl marks? Thanks for the answers.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
the harshest pad is green, then orange then white then black. you use green for SHR only, orange when you mix revive with SHR white when its only revive and black is for wax. use machine polish on orange or white and super wax with black. basicly start with white, if your not happy move to orange then green. but always step down the pads. Example: after experimenting you find you must use green so then when complete you must follow up with orange then white before waxing.

good luck, if you have any questions call the adams folks if you have any questions - theyre really helpful and can prolly explain beter than I

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
The Orange and Green Pads are designed if your car has really bad oxidation or lots of swirl marks. The white pad is for light polishing and about 99% of cars out there need this pad. The black pad is for strictly for applying wax. It has no cutting ability what so ever. Always start with the white pad first and work your way up as needed. If the swirls or oxidation are still predominate, then go to the orange pad, if they are still there, then go to the Green pad.

Green Pad - Most aggressive - Used for Heavy swirls and oxidation
Orange Pad - Used for moderate swirls and oxidation
White Pad - Used for fine to light swirl marks
Black Pad - Least aggressive - Used for apply wax only

Moderate swirls are for a car that has been poorly maintained cosmetically like wrong washing and waxing techniques, even terry towels will cause these types of swirls if used on the paint.

Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK guys I think I've got it. I'm going to be ordering some stuff from Adams here in a couple of weeks, and I just wanted to know what everything did. Also once again does anyone have any pictures of the new items effects on cars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts