Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559828249rSNayR

Finally got around to installing my lemans fuel filler,just need to make a cover to go around the edge of it .Ive been wanting one of these since ive owned vettes.I took the stock fill and cut the top of it off and welded another pipe the same dimension to it ,cut it on a slight taper to get it centered in the hole and welded a plate to the top of it.Now the fill bolts right to it.Fully functional.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
That looks great!:thumbsup:

It is definitely on my list of things to do....

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I like those, but the increased aero drag is worth about 1 mpg, and ten mph top speed.....:rolling: :rolling: :WTF :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dag, i read it wrong i thought i was going to get to see what a lemans fuel filter looked like ! btw nice gas cap:thumbsup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.Im at work right now trying to come up with a filler piece around the outside edge,i have aluminum sign blanks i might cut something out of that,and polish it up ,not sure yet.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Thanks everyone.Im at work right now trying to come up with a filler piece around the outside edge,i have aluminum sign blanks i might cut something out of that,and polish it up ,not sure yet.

I MUST B :crazy: BUT I have a bunch of olde street signs of various descriptions gathered by cops and medic friends off road signs...even a legit fire extinguisher from an accident scene....Carl showed up with that and there was NO question, I took ONE glance and said....

THAT MINE.....he knows not to question....he find another one in a minit or two....

OH, I HATE the thought of cutting them up too....

:crazy: :rolling: :rolling: :WTF :cheers:

·
Registered
959 Posts
do I remember correctly there was a guy at another site making these?? CNC maybe?? the price was right, he took some orders and then had some wife trouble, he got so much crap for not delivering he went away.....have I got it straight?? NOW who was that guy??
...redvetracr

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes please do i need some ideas,now i just got to do some stripes this winter.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Damn, I like them but I have that pesky fuel door on the 82...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Good to see Jcgodale3 still hanging around.:thumbsup:

I think the street sign stuff is going to be pretty thick. Should hold up really well. You could make one up and see how it looks before polishing. If anyone can come up with a nice solution, I know you can do it. I am still loving that aircleaner housing for the LS motor.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts