Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off from work today so got some long awaiting stuff done on the vette! :D

I tightened the bearing bolts on the rear. Tightened the caliper bolts on the rear. Cut the slack out of the Ebrake cables. Polished the trailing arms and lower control arms. Dropped the car off the jack stands. Went to finish installing the throttle body and found out that its for a 94-97 not a 92-93... Packing it up and shipping it back... Waiting for the correct part #.

Polishing the trailing arms was an accident! I found a wire brush that was my grandfathers years ago! Never seen anything like it... Looks like its made of copper bristles... Well anyway I was just fooling around and started brushing the alum. with this brush and they shined up PERFECT! Barely any elbow greese... After the wire brush I just hit it with some flitz and now they shine pretty good for a 3 min polish job!

The mythical brush!

Upper TA was brushed... The lower was untouched. You can see the diff!

Then with a little Flitz!

WOOO Came out good :D I was very suprized :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Drmrman, looking good bro. :thumbsup: On my next set of days off, I'll be polishing some of the aluminum, under the hood though. I'm thinking A/C lines, A/C tank, and the front suspension, for this week.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Drmrman, looking good bro. :thumbsup: On my next set of days off, I'll be polishing some of the aluminum, under the hood though. I'm thinking A/C lines, A/C tank, and the front suspension, for this week.
Cool man! Be sure to take pics! Front suspension will take some time! And it may be best to pull some of the brake components off to really get in there and clean it well! :D I did my front suspension parts about 2 years ago, and I did it kind of half a$$ed... But if I do any of the suspension mods I would like to do, it will all come apart and get cleaned more thoroughly! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
:thumbsup: i love to clean and polish...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

and my trans too
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I enjoy polishing too. Here's the diff, drive shafts and camber rods:

Made a start on the front suspension:

Even did some polishing during the engine rebuild:

Nice job guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! WOO HOOO! :partyon:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Joe, I know this makes me sound like an idiot, but hey, I am! Before I found out that you were a musician, I thought DRUMMER MAN (drmrman) was actually Doctor Mister Man!:laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
That looks great! I hate polishing, that's why pretty soon everything on my car will be painted semi-gloss black :laughing:

·
Registered
267 Posts
...even if in my opinion midle 80' and up engine bay and parts don't match a polihed style look,probably a powdercoated stlyle would be better.But guys all that shining things looks great :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Joe, I know this makes me sound like an idiot, but hey, I am! Before I found out that you were a musician, I thought DRUMMER MAN (drmrman) was actually Doctor Mister Man!:laughing:
Sheriffd2 and I had a discussion about that very thing and he thought it was Dr mister Man also that's hilarous:rolling:
Here's our thread about it.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105282&highlight=drummer+man

Anyway on topic you are all sick, if any of you would like to polish on my car you can use my lift.:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! Cant wait for the spring! Ill have some nice'r pics of the vette on the ground and all shined up! :D Im excited! These roads are still a salty wet mess though... So She still has a couple more months in the warm garage :D :partyon: At least one full month! Usually march starts to warm up a little bit :smack

·
Registered
872 Posts
How I did mine a few years ago.:partyon:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts