Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search on this topic, but found nothing, so here it goes....

I have a 04 Z06 with 18,285 miles with the original Goodyear F1 Supercars, they are almost down to the treadwear indicater's. Does anyone have the Wide Ovals? Any positive or negetive feedback would be apprectiated!

I want to stick with the F1's but seeing the price differance on tire rack, for a set of F1's it's $1270 and for the Wide Ovals it's 728 a set. I'm just trying to figure out if the F1's are really worth the extra coin. I dont track the car......yet. These would be primalily for street use.

:thumbsup: Thanks, Patrick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
I tried a search on this topic, but found nothing, so here it goes....

I have a 04 Z06 with 18,285 miles with the original Goodyear F1 Supercars, there are almost down to the treadwear indicater. Does anyone have the Wide Ovals?

I want to stick with the F1's but seeing the price differance on tire rack, for a set of F1's it's $1270 and for the Wide Ovals it's 728 a set. I'm just trying to figure out if the F1's are really worth the extra coin. I dont track the car......yet. These would be primalily for street use.

:thumbsup: Thanks, Patrick :thumbsup:
I replaced the F1's on my 03 Z06 with the wide ovals last year. I've put around 12,000 miles on the ovals and could not be happier with them.

They are stickier and quieter than the F1's AND they have a better tread life :thumbsup: Oh yeah, they are also less expensive :partyon: I would highly recommend them.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
The firestone wide ovals are a great DRY tire.

I found them to be dangerous in the rain, hydroplane easily in truck grooves... so be careful.

They rock at the track.

For just $700-800 for a full set, that's just a great price.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like the Wide Ovals are good rubber then, im not too worried about the rain, i don't drive the Z in the rain (yeah, im one of those guys!).

I give these tires about 1-2 thousand miles then i will replace em'.

It would be great if anyone has a pic of their C5/Z06 with the stock Z06 wheels and Wide Ovals.

Patrick:thumbsup:

·
Registered
521 Posts
i just ordered a set myself!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I run WOs...they are awesome tires, man. For the money you couldn't do much better as far as I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts