Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I dropped in a new 355 last Feb.

I had an issue with a bad "brand new" starter that screwed up my first initial start up...but once that was replaced... she roared like hell!...one of the best sounds ever!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nothing like firing up a new engine so what are you doing for a trans and rear end

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Don't try to power brake it. I think the engine may sit still and the car could flip over. Do you feel the need for more torque? You might just have all of it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
That engine is HUGE!!!! Can't believe you got it in there. Yes..we want lots of videos and burnouts !!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
A video would definitely be nice.

Good looking engine.

What did you do for a radiator? It doesn't look like a big block radiator from the photos, unless I'm not seeing it right.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A video would definitely be nice.

Good looking engine.

What did you do for a radiator? It doesn't look like a big block radiator from the photos, unless I'm not seeing it right.
I have a new radiator from the 383 and will be waiting to see if thats enough. If not I will have to line up a different one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have a new radiator from the 383 and will be waiting to see if thats enough. If not I will have to line up a different one. Any suggestions?
My engine is a 435 ci BBC with about 510 or so HP. It runs great with the DeWitts "Direct Fit" BB aluminun radiator with the stock fan and I'm in Florida. It looks and fits like the factory radiator.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OMG!

I really would like it if you posted a video of that thing starting up :D

That is a thing of beauty!
I applaud your choice of engines!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My 540 motor (little bro to the 572) is almost finished. Bowtie block 10.25:1 compression, mild crane hydraulic roller, hooker headers. I decided to go the EFI route and this takes more money and time of course. I also decided to do a complete frame off resto of my car with most everything overhauled or replaced. It is a lot of work I tell ya, spent 2 years on it so far and a lot of cash.

Let us know how it runs, I am curious about how my car will run. I know it was kind of a dog with the little 350 in it. I should be able to start it soon. Motor is in the chassis, just waiting for flywheel to be resurfaced, and then I can stick the tranny in (brand new richmond HD 5 spd). My fuel system is the hold up. I am going to video it and put it on u tube hopefully in a month or two (without the body on of course) & straight headers no exhaust :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

1st off

Congratulations *

I'd call dewitts on the Radiator

I bet they could hook you up

Bon

·
Registered
442 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts