Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Vette owners,
I am currently deployed to Iraq so I am sad not be able to drive my "baby", just got turned on to this site from a fellow Vette owner in my unit. Just wondering what would be the best power upgrades you could make (up to 400hp) without voiding my extended warranty. I drive a machine silver '04. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Peace out :):thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,622 Posts
Welcome to DC and thanks for what you are doing for us and US.

As for upgrades with out warranty issues, you are probably limited to intake, exhaust, and a tune. It won't get you to 400 but iy will give you a noticible improvement

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Hello Fellow Vette owners,
I am currently deployed to Iraq so I am sad not be able to drive my "baby", just got turned on to this site from a fellow Vette owner in my unit. Just wondering what would be the best power upgrades you could make (up to 400hp) without voiding my extended warranty. I drive a machine silver '04. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Peace out :):thumbsup:
Welcome to DC:buhbye:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome to DC,When you get back to the states posts some pics of your silver baby.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Welcome to DC!

My father served with the First Air Cav in VietNam (229th Assault Btn). Keep it up!

Steven

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Welcome to DC brother! I was never in 1st Cav but was in the 3d Armored Cav from 92-95.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to DC:buhbye:

:cheers:
"Having is not so pleasing a thing afterall as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true"
Mr.Spock

'04 Machine Silver Vette w/Corsa Indy Exhaust.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome to DC and thanks for what you are doing for us and US.
:agree:

Be safe over there...I've got a lot of buddies that have come and gone from Iraq based out of Ft.Riley, KS. Take it easy!

You'll find a lot of great people on this site all here to help anyway they can! That's what makes this site the best!

James

1N189

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Welcome to DC! A big salute to you and all your brothers over there fighting for democracy! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC and thank you for what you do.
Do you want 400 hp to the wheels or at the crank??
At the crank can be achieved with some exhaust, intake and a tune.

·
Registered
939 Posts
One military man to another, thanks for what you're doing. I can't thank you groundpounders enough for your service. Hopefully some of my boys will be flying you and your unit home real soon! Stay Sharp, Stay Safe... that Vette is just itching to have you run through her gears again as soon as you get home:thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess it really doesn't matter, whatever you do to increase engine power will give a little more to the wheels. I am just looking for the best way to match the stock C6's power without radically changing the car if that is possible. I already have a Corsa exhaust (don't know if that is the best brand but it was already on the car when I bought it and does sound better than stock) I am already thinking of getting a high-flow intake duct and cold air screens in addition to a tune (which BTW, what does that entail?).

I thank everyone for your support for us over here, it goes a lot further than you all realize to know that folk back home have our back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I guess it really doesn't matter, whatever you do to increase engine power will give a little more to the wheels. I am just looking for the best way to match the stock C6's power without radically changing the car if that is possible. I already have a Corsa exhaust (don't know if that is the best brand but it was already on the car when I bought it and does sound better than stock) I am already thinking of getting a high-flow intake duct and cold air screens in addition to a tune (which BTW, what does that entail?).

I thank everyone for your support for us over here, it goes a lot further than you all realize to know that folk back home have our back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since you live in TX, there are several shops there that can tune your Vette. To truly take advantage of the exhaust you will need to do some headers and Highflow cats with a larger X-pipe. Have your Mods installed first then have it tuned :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts