Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been very bored lately so I decided to lower the car, paint the wheels, lower rear bumper, and mirrors black. I got a few decent pics at my house and figured I'd share with DC. All comments welcome good or bad and any suggestions will be noted. :partyon: enjoy

There is a weird little light spot on the wheels that looks unpainted but its just the camera.

The mirrors will be re-done in white sometime in the future...if anyone can do a quick ps of the mirrors or wheels in white I would greatly appreciate it. :cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ya'll I really think the rear should be that way from the factory lol. I am loving the black wheels so far, I just wish they werent heavy reps.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Car looks good. My lower rear is also black, im not a fan and will be painting it back to silver next week. Where did you get the black side marker covers? Or did you paint the lens?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Looks great, however not so sure why you would want to re-paint the mirrors (wheels?) white.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car looks good. My lower rear is also black, im not a fan and will be painting it back to silver next week. Where did you get the black side marker covers? Or did you paint the lens?
The black side markers were on the car when I bought it as well as the rest of the black out lenses so im not sure if they are painted or just aftermarket.

MSG C5 I think that a little white would make the whole car just pop. I would only do mirrors or wheels not both, the wheels are just more of a curiosity of how they would look. The whole white mirror look came from a race car paint scheme I saw that was red body black wheels and white mirrors and it just seemed to pop more than anything i've seen before so I want to see how it would look on my car. Also if it looks bad I can always redo the black. :cheers:
Thanks for the responses everyone I can't wait to start some power mods maybe even some F/I :devil:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Looks good..
:thumbsup:
ZEP

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Did someone say Forced induction???? :devil:
Your Vette looks great Neal :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I'd have to see the white mirrors. I keep picturing this:

Car looks wicked as it sits.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Yea I really want some extra kick lol. I`m debating on a nice h/c/i setup or just skip that go F/I and be happy. I have really always wanted a car that you can't tell if its gonna die at the red light or is just stupid fast :smack so the debate will continue for now and I guess it depends on the wife and what she will allow. :cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd have to see the white mirrors. I keep picturing this:

Car looks wicked as it sits.
Thanks haha thats actually the first thing I thought of too but I just either need to find someone to photoshop it or just do it and see how it looks.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yea I really want some extra kick lol. I`m debating on a nice h/c/i setup or just skip that go F/I and be happy. I have really always wanted a car that you can't tell if its gonna die at the red light or is just stupid fast :smack so the debate will continue for now and I guess it depends on the wife and what she will allow. :cheers:
You should do both, thats what I did :D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I'm having trouble trying to picture white wheels or white mirrors on your Vette.:lookinup:

The Vette really looks wicked!:devil:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm having trouble trying to picture white wheels or white mirrors on your Vette.:lookinup:

The Vette really looks wicked!:devil:
Thanks. The whole murder deal is really growing on me. I think the white would look good and help the car pop but like I said i dunno i might try it just to see. I have way to much free time right now :crazy:. If I try it I`ll be sure to post pics of both setups.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Car is gorgeous as is! As for power adders I would say it depends on your tastes and driving habits, but I must say the sound of a big cam is siiiiiick. I love mine... :devil:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is gorgeous as is! As for power adders I would say it depends on your tastes and driving habits, but I must say the sound of a big cam is siiiiiick. I love mine... :devil:
Thanks, I really do love the sound of a big cam also. :partyon:

·
Registered
673 Posts
:thumbsup: on the backend. Not sure about the mirrors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:thumbsup: on the backend. Not sure about the mirrors.
Thanks, I wasn't sure on the mirrors at first but they have really grown on me the more I see it, I will hopefully get some better pics tomorrow to show it all together. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts