Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up a complete driveline rebuild, from torque converter through halfshafts. I did the springless posi rebuild (thanks, Gary & Mike :thumbsup: )and notice a big difference in how the car handles & feels. I know a lot of it is due to just rebuilding shafts, u-joints, etc. but the posi set-up definately can account for a lot as well.
The rear end no longer feels like it is fighting itself or the front end. No more clunking or jinking in corners, no more constant steering corrections. I can accelerate around a corner from a stop sign without squealing tires and breaking loose, it just goes vroom. But it will also leave the spoor of the posi--twin scratch marks- if I desire.
It takes curves as if it was on rails---no, that's not even it. Like a roller bearing in its race. Smooooth, predictable, accurate. The only steering corrections needed are due to operator error rather than vehicle inconsistancies. It now, for the first time since I bought it, will follow a true line through a curve.
And I haven't even done an alignment on it yet! It's only been 4 days and about 250 miles.

So far, I'm impressed and happy.

John

·
Supporting Vendor
3,772 Posts
:thumbsup: Sounds good John. So I guess I can cancel any "Posi tuning for Beer tours" like Lars runs huh:laughing:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laughing: I think "Posi's for Beer" would be a great idea! I'll host the first one at my house! :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,772 Posts
Ha, plus you have one of my limited edition T shirts!!!!! What more can one ask for!:laughing:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,772 Posts
Sorry all I can help with are corvettes!!!!:smack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts