Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, it's not too impressive, but hey I'll take what I can get.

I notice a red mildly riced civic (exhaust, mild body kit, small wing) following me for a while as I'm out giving a buddy a ride this afternoon. We drive around a bit with him following us, and then pull out onto a 4 lane highway. He stays back for just a bit as I drive I drive along normally. Then he changes lanes and accellerates as he starts to pass me. Naturally I was anxiously awaiting this so I dropped it down into 3rd and gunned it. Quickly closed the gap and pulled ahead of him. I already knew my car looked better and sounded better, but it's just so damn nice to know it's faster, too:devil:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
lsejlowe said:
alright, it's not too impressive, but hey I'll take what I can get.

I notice a red mildly riced civic (exhaust, mild body kit, small wing) following me for a while as I'm out giving a buddy a ride this afternoon. We drive around a bit with him following us, and then pull out onto a 4 lane highway. He stays back for just a bit as I drive I drive along normally. Then he changes lanes and accellerates as he starts to pass me. Naturally I was anxiously awaiting this so I dropped it down into 3rd and gunned it. Quickly closed the gap and pulled ahead of him. I already knew my car looked better and sounded better, but it's just so damn nice to know it's faster, too:devil:
:devil: KILL STORY :devil:

·
Banned
244 Posts
"Thou must burden thy jap sh#t boxes with devastating defeats." Isn't this phrase in the bible? God is pleased with your kill, however meager it may be. Good job and I hope that you humiliated the ricer dicer.

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Sadistic said:
"Thou must burden thy jap sh#t boxes with devastating defeats." Isn't this phrase in the bible? God is pleased with your kill, however meager it may be. Good job and I hope that you humiliated the ricer dicer.
:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
rjent said:
Way to go Jason! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I thought street racing would be frawned?? upon? At the rising cost of gas maybe that ricer has the last laugh. I have driven a few ricers and they were fun. Very nimble, reved quickly and rod nice. I have driven a few vets with lousy brakes, poor poor ride quality and gas gusslers too.
No to me a car is a car and they all have thier qualities.
My daughter loves her accura and I got to admit I like it too.

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
i had an integra as my first car, and it was quite nimble, but having driving an 02 Z, it wouldn't stand a chance against a vette.

just my $.02
Henry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Darn idiots. Those silly kids think thank their body kits are going to magically add horsepower. I had some clown in a 5.0 mustang come up and rev his motor next to me. Talk about an easy kill.:whip:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
averyr18 said:
Darn idiots. Those silly kids think thank their body kits are going to magically add horsepower. I had some clown in a 5.0 mustang come up and rev his motor next to me. Talk about an easy kill.:whip:
I have also personally watch a stock looking mustang bolt on a pair of slick and with no other change run solid 10.6's all day.
I also have a mustang in the shop that would take most of the vets on this forum. I also think the mustang has a unique sound that we can't duplicate.
The body kits might add nothing but have you seen some of the woman they ahave hanging around them:laughing: :laughing: For a woman like that I would drive a ricer too but being old no car will help.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Congrats

I love a good story to lift my spirits. Good job on the kill.

Strider, with such an amazing ability to not take sides you are either a polititian or from Switzerland............

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Strider said:
I have also personally watch a stock looking mustang bolt on a pair of slick and with no other change run solid 10.6's all day.
It might have "looked" stock but no way was it stock if it ran 10's! No stock Mustang will run 10's, slicks or no slicks! Curious, what does your Mustang have that would beat most Vettes on ths site?

EFE Z06

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
EFE Z06 said:
It might have "looked" stock but no way was it stock if it ran 10's! No stock Mustang will run 10's, slicks or no slicks! Curious, what does your Mustang have that would beat most Vettes on ths site?

EFE Z06
No the mustang was not stock, it had a blower and all the other trick parts but from the outside a stock looking paint job and rims. The guy just drives the 60 miles one way, bolts on the slicks and goes racing.

My mustang?? 355 nitrous motor, 11 inch slicks, 308/355/373/410/456 gearing depending on the way I feel, frame connectors, roll cage and 4 link.
It picks the front end up on launch when dumping the clutch at 4600

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Strider said:
No the mustang was not stock, it had a blower and all the other trick parts but from the outside a stock looking paint job and rims. The guy just drives the 60 miles one way, bolts on the slicks and goes racing.

My mustang?? 355 nitrous motor, 11 inch slicks, 308/355/373/410/456 gearing depending on the way I feel, frame connectors, roll cage and 4 link.
It picks the front end up on launch when dumping the clutch at 4600
What kind of E.T. when running with the 456 rear end? How much rwhp? Thanks!

EFE Z06

·
Banned
244 Posts
Some retard once pulled next to me and requested a race. What was he driving? A shitty looking Caprice. I looked at him and said, "The oil in this car is worth more than that ghetto hopper". There wasn't any need to proceed further than that and it saved me from using up precious gasoline.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I turn so many heads with my '79 vette I don't even need to bother with kills. It knocks 'em dead just sitting on the curb!!! And I even consider it's condition about a 7 out of 10:thumbsup:

Proof in point:

You ask any average person on the street, and I mean the 75% of people out there that only know how to put gas in a car and that's it...you park my 225 hp C3 next to a 260 hp Nissan Altima and ask them... "Which one is going to be faster?" 10 out of 10 will say my '79 vette just because it looks BAD ASS!!!! It's just that simple.

That being said..... GOOD KILL ANYWAY!!!!:cool: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts