Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I wouldn't read all that much into it. Over the development life of the C6 there have been several "mules" with similar two-pipe exhaust systems.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I heard about a month ago that there was at least 1 C7 powertrain mule out there, but I wasn't allowed to share that info... yet.

Now I guess I could. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
It's hard to tell with the front tire turned as it is, but look where the rear tire is in relation to the wheel well. It certainly looks narrower than a base C6.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
an so it starts.....love seeing this stuff

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
Yeah, me too. I miss this. What we REALLY need is someone to provide us with a complete list of the GM engines like the one we got back in '03.

Hey Patrick, are you now privy to so much stuff from GM, that you are in the spotlight and can't feed us tips?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Hey Patrick, are you now privy to so much stuff from GM, that you are in the spotlight and can't feed us tips?
I only heard 5.0L motor, and that there were some powertrain mules out there.

Powertrain mules are boring, since you can't learn much.

But, I fully expect that the C7 Corvette will have MORE spy photos and info leaks than the C6 Corvette did....... it's a new age and everyone has a camera/video on their cell phone...

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's hard to tell with the front tire turned as it is, but look where the rear tire is in relation to the wheel well. It certainly looks narrower than a base C6.
Looks like Cadillac rolling stock to me

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
I only heard 5.0L motor, and that there were some powertrain mules out there.

Powertrain mules are boring, since you can't learn much.

But, I fully expect that the C7 Corvette will have MORE spy photos and info leaks than the C6 Corvette did....... it's a new age and everyone has a camera/video on their cell phone...
I remember hearing 5.0L, I remember rumors starting because the GT2 C6R was switching from a 6.0L to a 5.5L which was a race only size.

I wonder what the rumor power range is on this 5.0L engine.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I remember hearing 5.0L, I remember rumors starting because the GT2 C6R was switching from a 6.0L to a 5.5L which was a race only size.

I wonder what the rumor power range is on this 5.0L engine.
Ya, why would they develop the 5.5 in the race car and not use it in the street version :huh:

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
Ya, why would they develop the 5.5 in the race car and not use it in the street version :huh:
Because the 5.5L in the race car is a race engine and isn't street legal, they would still have to develop a 5.5L for the street.

Also the 5.5L engine in the race car from my understanding isn't evne a Gen V motor. Its made from Gen IV parts using something like the 6.2L engine with the 4.8L engine crank in it or something around there (with maybe some Gen V parts).

Also the only reason they went with a 5.5L was because of a rule change that limited engine size to 5.5L. The year before they ran a 6.0L engine and that wasn't indicative of what the Gen V would have either.

The first rumor we heard said 5.0L and when it was found out that the C6R would run a 5.5L the mags started to say that the C7 would have a 5.5L engine. I don't remember any other source besides the rags and some blogs saying 5.5L.

Doesn't mean we won't end up seeing a 5.5L engine in production trim I am just pointing out the huge lack of info to support a 5.5L engine in base trim.

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
:agree: with Roadkillz about all the C6.R engines. It means probably means nothing. Racing is NOT production. Contrary to what we would all like to believe, Pratt & Miller does not pull an engine off the BG line, throw on a K&N filter and go racing at Le Mans. I'd bet there aren't a handfull of parts in common that have not been breathed on by P&M.

That doesn't prevent P&M from using / testing / developing technology from GM. For example, in 2009, P&M vettes started the season running direct injection and winning GT2. Porsche and Ferrari complained and the AMLS made the C6.Rs race without direct injection going forward.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks like Cadillac rolling stock to me
The wheels are available from dealers, they're in the GCA Genuine Corvette Accessory book. The car itself looks like one of the 2006 mules being re-used to test something new (Victory red, GM "chicklets" on the side).

·
Registered
816 Posts
Anyone notice the lack of soot in the exhaust in the second pic in the article?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts