1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still breaking the car in.:D

i want to do a few cheap mods to start. :rolleyes:

What are the best electronic upgrades to start with?:huh:

The air in charge will be next, filter, smoothie etc.;)

I live on the SW side of Chicagoland, is there a good tuner/dyno near?

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Most start with Intake, headers and a tune. You will see a real improvement in HP and responsiveness from these Mods.

:cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first mods to my C6

midnite902,
I want to start with the tune area first.
What electronic box would you recommend?
The thermostat is next.
Are there any mods before the $$$$$$ headers & exhaust?
Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
midnite902,
I want to start with the tune area first.
What electronic box would you recommend?
The thermostat is next.
Are there any mods before the $$$$$$ headers & exhaust?
Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD
Tune will help but you will need to retune as you upgrade. You didn't mention where you are but I would recommend getting a custom tune. I do not recommend a canned tune. I use 21st Century Musclecars in Dallas. Their tune policy is great, retunes are free if you buy the upgrade parts from them. MOst tuners have the same policy.

T-stat only helps if you re-program the fans.

Intake and tune will provide 12-15HP and 8-10TQ

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Good advice.

After driving the DC C6 (Z51) for over 10,000 miles, I know I'd look to get a mild exhaust done. The stock is waaaaaay too quiet for what it should be.
Definitely with you on the exhaust. I don't think you can go wrong with a nice Borla or Corsa setup behind some good headers. Great SOTP change, particularly when tuned.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just do headers before you do exhaust. The headers will ratchet up the volume quite a bit, and the sound you spent so much time and money on, now may be too loud. A lot of guys have just done headers and left the stock exhaust and are content with that. That's my plan.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
I agree its more beneficial to tune after your boltons to get the best improvment. Im in chicago as well. C6Dude (Perry) is the owner of DPE corvettes, he is running a built motor that he constructed himself pushing 1k hp at the wheels, PM him and you guys can talk about what you'd like to do.

Most basicly an intake such as the vararam SC1, headers such as LG LTs, and an exhaust catback of your choice. with install/ tune it would all cost around $5000, bump up your hp from 400 to about 450 (350 to about 400 at the wheels) and a low 12 to possible high 11s in the quarter mile at 117+mph

good luck and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
were at in sw chicago area becuase i cant maybe help you out with some good tuners

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first mods to my C6

I agree its more beneficial to tune after your boltons to get the best improvment. Im in chicago as well. C6Dude (Perry) is the owner of DPE corvettes, he is running a built motor that he constructed himself pushing 1k hp at the wheels, PM him and you guys can talk about what you'd like to do.

Most basicly an intake such as the vararam SC1, headers such as LG LTs, and an exhaust catback of your choice. with install/ tune it would all cost around $5000, bump up your hp from 400 to about 450 (350 to about 400 at the wheels) and a low 12 to possible high 11s in the quarter mile at 117+mph

good luck and enjoy the new ride!
SinisterC6,
I live on the SW side of Chicago.
Thanks for the tip on Perry & DPE Corvette.
I'll google him up .

Guys,
My thanks for the additional info.

One more question,
Are those electronic programmers the tune area you speak of?

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
SinisterC6,
I live on the SW side of Chicago.
Thanks for the tip on Perry & DPE Corvette.
I'll google him up .

Guys,
My thanks for the additional info.

One more question,
Are those electronic programmers the tune area you speak of?

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD
we call programmers "box tunes" they are better than stock but still not idea, the tunes we comonly refer to are dyno tunes which adjust your engines parameters for the optimum power

1 - 14 of 14 Posts