Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car and wheels are dirty, and I know I need tire shine. I'm going to raise the back up ~1/2", it is too low for me, I want to keep the C6 "rake". Anyways, whatcha think? The wheels are CCW 505As, 19x10 & 20x11, 275/30/19 & 325/25/20 PS2s.

Powdercoated calipers and zinc plated rotors are next, tint is next week, and headers, Vararam, and tune in April.

John @ CCW is the Man!!! This is how it should be done, no excuse for wrong offsets IMO, here is proof that 325s fit on a stock bodied C6:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks great

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Why not drop the front?

·
Registered
840 Posts
They look awesome! :partyon:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Awesome looking wheels, and 325's on stock fenders simply amazing!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome looking wheels, and 325's on stock fenders simply amazing!!!!
Yeah, I have seen countless threads about how it couldn't be done, seen how other wheels sick out, etc. Funny story, when I ordered these from John (@ CCW) I told him that I didn't want it to look ghetto, he said "we don't do ghetto", I thought that was pretty funny. He said they'd fit, and they do. The man knows his offsets perfecly. As low as the rear is, there is ZERO scraping or rubbing.

I'll applaud you there. So many folks go for a huge lowering and totally lose the aggressive stance that comes with the "Corvette rake".
I totally agree, the "rake" is what makes the look of the C6 IMO.

Why not drop the front?
I thought about that, I just don't want the car "slammed", like I said above, I want to keep the "raked" look and am happy with the way the front sits now. I may do a little of both, lower the front 1/4" or so, raise the back 1/4" or so.

Thanks for the comments, Shawn

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The back looks too low in comparison to the front. Honestly, if the back was just 1" higher it would look wicked.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Your new wheels look great. What did they cost?
(I assume you traded your old ones.)

Regarding raising the back .. that would not be my
choice .. as I definitely do not like the “nose-dive”
look. In fact if I changed mine, I would LOWER the
back.

Big Jimm

·
Registered
145 Posts
NICE RIDE MAN, RIMS JUST SET IT OFF. I WOULD LEAVE IT THE WAY IT THE WAY ITS SITTING, IT LOOKS LIKE ITS HUGGING THE GROUND NOW.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts