Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say hello to all. I stumbled across this web site the other day and love it.

I am new to corvettes, after getting an 86 from my cousin I have been trying to read up as much as I can.

Just a few questions?
What kind of temperatures should my stock A/T 86 run and what causes the head lights to shake when you first turn them on?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Welcome to Digital Corvettes,
Im happy to be the first to welcome you.... ya we ARE great arn't we?! lol I dont know much about technical problems but if you need a good laugh... well I cant do that either.... anyways Welcome to our Community!

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
86insc said:
I would just like to say hello to all. I stumbled across this web site the other day and love it.

I am new to corvettes, after getting an 86 from my cousin I have been trying to read up as much as I can.

Just a few questions?
What kind of temperatures should my stock A/T 86 run and what causes the head lights to shake when you first turn them on?
My 88 runs about 179-190.

The lights to shake? I bet they are nervous because they stick out, and you keep pushing your 86 past 100!

Have Fun and Welcome!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Re: Re: First post.............

welcome aboard :):cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
What do you mean "shake" ? A little more detail.... do they shake when the car is parked... or at driving speeds? Do they stop shaking? Is it the lights flickering... or the housing moving? Do they shake when you hit bumps?

And, welcome to the family!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,550 Posts
Welcome 86insc

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts

When my 87 was stock w/ the stock thermostat my coolant would get up to 228-230. The main cooling fan is programmed to turn on at 228. The oil temps were usually within 10 degrees of that.

I've never heard of the headlights shaking. :surprised

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome to DC:cheers: The good times are just starting......

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hello and Welcome.:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Welcome!! My coolant temps are in line with War machine.
I would like to hear more about the headlights though.

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
First of all welcome :cheers:

I believe your temps should be about 220-240. As far as the lights shaking, without more detail I'm guessing that your motors are going bad or the gears are stripping. A little more detail would help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reply.............

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

About the shaking, it's when you first turn them on the whole
light assembly will will shutter for about 5 to 10 seconds then catch
or slump down a little and I will have to turn off and try again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts