Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
How old were you when you got your first Vette? I was 19 I bought a busted up red 1980 C3
18 (in '70), a Fathom Green/blk interior '69 roadster 4spd w/ built 350. Everytime I drove over RR tracks the rear clip for top would pop open, got real drafty. :laughing:

Whadda car, never drove a manual a day in my life.
Thankfully Jim Wanger Chevrolet on Green Bay Ave in Milwaukee was 1,000 ft from a freeway on ramp.
Salesman put it on the street facing the onramp & said "Good luck!" After a choppy start everything was fine & 20 miles later by the time I hit our driveway I was a pro. :laughing:

Was hot crap in a cold world in that Stingray, until I blew it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I was 37, bought myself a graduation gift. I made it through physics, I deserved a reward.... Love it more everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts

But Goldie is gone.

But I hope to have another one in the near future as soon as I recover from my divorce. Maybe beginning of next year!

:partyon:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
16 when I was given full access to my dad's 74...and at 18 he signed it over to me

19 when I traded it for a 1985

and I don't recall my age over the other models...but they have been a big part of my life since I can remember driving.

Currently I working on one for my wife - not mine...hers....and I don't have one anymore. :thud:

·
Registered
59 Posts
34 years old
A 1988 black automatic coupe with red interior

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife thinks im going thru a midlife crisis at 39yrs old. we just got married Oct 3rd 2015. thinking of getting another C4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1st of 6

16 - a 1967 427/435 convertible birthday present from my Dad for my 16th birthday. Nice car!! and nicer Dad. I have had 5 more since those days.

:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
43 and I just bought a 1973 L82 4spd numbers matching car. She is my first Corvette ...gonna put her back together as she has all the interior out but she runs and drives

·
Registered
169 Posts
33 - 1996 C4 80,000 miles
34 - 2000 C5 64,000 miles

Loved the C4 since I was a kid. Still love the look just cause of how
bad I wanted one. Love the performance of the LS engines more then the look of a C4.
would not mind having another C4 just to own one, but would not give up my LS for one.

Hope to order a brand new Z06 before I am 45, 38 now.
Have 5 more years on a 2015 Silverado. When it is paid off I hope to special order my own brand new Z06.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts