Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was 17 in 1973, bought a '64 coupe. I've had 7 total including my current 2011 Grand Sport!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
My first Vette

Lemme see... I was probably around 50 when I got my first Vette. I'd been working on a '57 Chevy Sedan Delivery resto-mod for about 5 years when I had an offer to trade even for a '72 Vette in pretty good condition. Nothing special, and not all original, but a fun head-turner that I tinkered with for a couple of years.

vette 1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first corvette. The planets kind of aligned: '98 Q45T needed 1800.00 service at 174k. I had 9,000 budget, wife away visiting sister in MD. So online I go.

Looking for Mach 1, 2000 Camaro SS, or Miata. Then 1995 C4 Conv 6sp with 88k for 9000 popped up. Went look at it: leather seats looked brand new, hoses and belts all new. No leaks or smoke. My mechanic gave thumbs up.

The rational I used was:

Have Cmax, so carbon footprint cancels out
Kids grown and out of house
Parts easy to get, Mechanic can handle repairs
Better MPG than Q45T

·
Banned
14 Posts
Even though it requires a lot of maintenance and currency in one's pocket, Corvette is my true passion. One fine day I will have one in my possession. Until then, I am driving my honda grazia, which helps fight the pain of not having the muscle car in my ownership. I purchased this scooter from this source, btw: https://autoportal.com/newbikes/honda/grazia/

41 - 52 of 52 Posts