1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
This is Vette #2.

Vette #1 was totalled. (A black 96 LT4 car)<br>
I remember you posting about that one...I wonder why it was faster than the GS?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
I remember you posting about that one...I wonder why it was faster than the GS?:huh:<br>
The GS is maybe 50lbs heavier because it has Bose Gold, climate control and power passenger seat.

I personally think my car got SLOWER with the Corsa's.:whip:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you go through tire on a regular basis....maybe you were running a differant tire when you ran the better time?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Since you go through tire on a regular basis....maybe you were running a differant tire when you ran the better time?:huh:<br>
The car had 19k miles when it was turning 12.7-12.9 consistently. The car was completely stock, including the bald/cracking factory Goodyear GSC tires.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
For ownership history, view my sig.

As far as why I wanted one, when I was a kid, a neighbor had '65 blue vert which I believe they bought new. I kinda grew up seeing that car and fell in love with it. I've wanted one ever since.

Plus, I grew up in IL, near StL, so I always saw the latest models cruising around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was 8 years old kid (now i have 42, im guy now haha),
and i saw new red conv. shark in my town with Florida li.plate.
i got CORVETTE ILL.

My health was return four years ago when i begin 94ZR1 ovner.

bye, JANO

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Wanted a vette since I was in highschool. Got the 91 6-7 years ago which was the first. Got the Z06 last year.

:partyon:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
My 88 is my first. It was just something that I have always wanted.

After owning one, I regret going so long without one.

I have many friends who owned one through the years. I decided on an earlier c4 because of the dash cluster. Even though they are a pain I enjoy its "technological" beauty.

Oh, and I used to play Test drive on my c64. And there was a game called "vette" for the PC. That games was cool.. loved those EGA graphics..

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Originally posted by Kod_X ...<br>
... And there was a game called "vette" for the PC. That game was cool.. loved those EGA graphics..<br>
Is it still around? I'd love to have a copy.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
77'-89'-current-99',wish i could have kept the other's too.:(

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I personally think my car got SLOWER with the Corsa's.:whip:<br>
interesting about the corsa's,i never did like corsa,but that's a different thread.do you have accsess to a scanner?do some WOT run's and make sure the timing is not being retarded from carbon build-up.BG 44k to the rescue.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Nice....3 Vettes already!:thumbsup:<br>
how about yourself...?i feel terrible selling a vette.and i try to keep track of it.
many more to come also...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
how about yourself...?i feel terrible selling a vette.and i try to keep track of it.
many more to come also...:thumbsup:<br>
I have had a bunch of them....I had a 75,77,74,84,86,87 & my currant 84...:excited: I might be getting a 86 next week (trade in:excited: )!:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am on my 4th.
1'st, 86 coupe Grey
2'nd, 93 Coupe 40th Ruby
3'rd, 93 Roadster 40th Ruby
Current 93 ZR-1 Black and by far the best one I have owned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '74 is my first. I got it for 3 reasons.....I think it's cool, it will hold it's value or increase in value, and it's different than most cars on the road and I like to be different.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Bought and fixed up (paint, interior, engine) a yellow 76 coupe in 1994 for my girlfriend (now my wife) to drive. this car was WAY too slow, so I picked up a beaten down 68 roadster in 1995 and gave it the full treatment (385 horse engine, 700R4 tranny, 4.11 rear, new brakes, polyurethane suspension and full paint/body and interior). At that time we owned 3 vehicles, all with Chevy 350's; the 2 Vettes and 72 Blazer 4x. Went back to school in 95 for my Engineering degree, graduated in 97, got a great job and sold all three vehicles to buy my C5 and a Jeep Wrangler, which got the whole off road suspension/wheels/tires and what not.

I Missed my old cars so much that in 99 I bought a 69 four speed coupe and did a frame off performance rebuild on it. I Finished that car earlier this year and within three months of being done it was sold (I got an offer I couldn't refuse). the only Vette I own now is the 97...

No more C3's for me. The next project car will be a mid-year, or a 56-57. That will come sometime after the 97 gets its supercharger and LS6 heads.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts