Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I had a 76 Silver,but as all things,money was a big factor on getting my family what it needed the most.Sold that,(bye the way,i did love this vete.)iknow all of it short comeings,but when my wife said get another,well who could say no.I will sell the 84 ,to get a 93/96.money is tight all over,and my kids come first,so maybe in the near future i will see that 93/96 come true.kenney:buhbye: :partyon:ps there is only one true sports car in the usa,should i say more.:laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Current is 03 Vert, first was a 98 Sebring Silver Coupe, base unit, options were limited, (active handling, 3:15, CD player/changer, chrome wheels (I put em on) fog lights and body side). About a week after I bought it I told my wife really had wished I bought a Vert. In March of this year she offered to let me trade her car in on a vert if I wanted to sell mine outright to pick up a few extra bucks out of it.

I started out looking a rustang verts, and progressed to Corvettes per my son. I was looking at 95-96's but draggin my ass in and out of it was a lot of work so I looked at the C5. I was only gonna keep it a year or two and get rid of it. The 98 was purchased from the original owner with 2450 miles on it in Aug, 00. It was a NO rain car, a garage queen. (had 7350 on it in April of 03 when I sold it) The guy I bought it from called me in 02 to ask if I wanted to sell it back, he had paid off his daughters wedding and wanted a Vette again and knew I was as anal about the car as he had been. I didn't sell it to him, but found him another buddy's 97 with 3400 on it, he' still got it with less than 5 k on it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is my first corvette and it certainly won't be my last.

My story of wanting a vette was simple, at the time, I was a 'Stang owner. My best bud had a MINT(still is) 1990 1LE IROC with a Lingenfelter 383, d ports, 219 and super ram(This was back in 1992). No one really had a street killer like that. Once I rode in it, I tried to make my mustang gt faster than him. Heh, not easily anyway, I needed big boost from the blower, dfi, race gas etc.

I became fed up with all of the tomfoolery and just the mustang all together and told myself, Get Franks motor, but put it in a 'vette. LOL I told the guy who I bought the car from "Don't worry, if the motor's on it's way out, it's ok...it's going to LPE" you should have seen the look on His face!

It's been an up and down experience with this car, but I made it that way with all of the drastic changes I made to it. Honestly, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Jay

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I bought my 79 two weeks after i turned 16. I put a little work into it and drove for a year and a half. then i blew it up. I bougth an 86 and drove it for a few months. it just didnt like it as much so i sold it for twice as much as i had in it and fixed the 79 to what it is today.

·
DC Crew
4,826 Posts
I really don't remember when it started I always loved Vettes. My dad was more into luxury and after he got rid of the GTO he had when I was an infant started with the 67 Eldorado and then the Lincoln Mark's, IV, V, VI VII, VIII. The first car I drove was the Caddi and I remember getting to drive the Mark IV to school a couple of times. It was black and chrome with the 460cu engine and dual exhausts :D

I always wanted a Vette and was finally able to get one in Europe of all places. Found it in a Stars and Stripes ad, a lady in Luxembourg was moving back to the US and had to sell it. The Vettes changed a heck of a lot since then and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmmm...
i really got hooked when i got my 93 in 2001.. i was 17,, i'll never ever forget the first day i drove my baby home....
i've been corvette crazy ever since.. my dad loves them too.. but never bought one.. except mine :p hehe
well now i got vette pics on my wall.. starting to buy DIE-cast models hehehe and going crazy.. i got a vette jacket,, shirt,, and allmost got underwear too :p lol just kidding.. i think the vette is the best sport car ever made..
although here in KUWAIT ,,, no one really cares about vettes cuz they dont mean anything to them like in the USA.. so u find them destroying them.. and thats why the prices of vettes here are nothing.. !!
to me.. my vette is everything ;) i call her my wife hehehe
i've put hours of sweat into this car.. and i think i'm gonna still be doing that in the future :p
i've just started to enjoy my vette guess i read what someone said about ( if u wanna sell it keep it stock, if u wanna enjoy do what u want ) i've kep mine stock loooong enough.. and now its time to PLAY :partyon: :partyon: so ,,, hopefully i'll get some pics of what i'm doing up soon heheheh

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
I like corevettes too, a lot.

More than people in Kuwait it seems.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I also got mine as a gift. It was from my grandpa. I got it for joining the marines. I’ve always loved vette's. My grandpa knows that I worship that car. And when I signed up it was my signing bonus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've loved sports cars since I was 16 and drove a red TR-3 convertible. Once I got behind the wheel, I was hooked forever on 2-seaters with a stick shift!:laughing:

Hubby had a '58 red Corvette convertible years ago (now, doesn't he wish he still had it!) but, like so many of us, had a change of priorities with marriage, children, buying a house, etc. We met in Feb. 1989 and right away discovered we shared a love of sports cars, but it wasn't until Jan. 1992 that we bought "our" first, a silver 1985 coupe. Although I wasn't terribly fond of that one, we kept it for 6 years, then bought a 1974 orange Stingray convertible. That still wasn't doing it for me so Alan told me I definitely needed to get my very own. Yippee!!

I spent 6 months finding my beloved "Lemon Peel", a 1988 yellow convertible with black interior/black top, Greenwood package and a 4+3 transmission. This was the car I would never get rid of!! Yeah, right!! Along comes the Grand Sport a year and a half ago, and it was "adios" to Lemon!!!

By the way, Alan also bought a new one last New Year's Eve...a 2002 Electron Blue 6-speed convertible so we continue to be a two Corvette family.

I will never say we won't move on to any other Corvettes, but for now we're very happy with the ones we have!!:thumbsup:

Elaine

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
oldace84 said:
My first vette was a '58. With duel carters.
**** yellow. God I miss it. Sold it for $750.00 in 1970.
Ha. What a joke. One of the big arz holes of todays special dudes probably owns it today. They suck, Big time.
tony
Damm Tony...That is awful!:( Atleast you still own a Vette!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Q8 BaD BoY said:
hmmm...
i really got hooked when i got my 93 in 2001.. i was 17,, i'll never ever forget the first day i drove my baby home....
i've been corvette crazy ever since.. my dad loves them too.. but never bought one.. except mine :p hehe
well now i got vette pics on my wall.. starting to buy DIE-cast models hehehe and going crazy.. i got a vette jacket,, shirt,, and allmost got underwear too :p lol just kidding.. i think the vette is the best sport car ever made..
although here in KUWAIT ,,, no one really cares about vettes cuz they dont mean anything to them like in the USA.. so u find them destroying them.. and thats why the prices of vettes here are nothing.. !!
to me.. my vette is everything ;) i call her my wife hehehe
i've put hours of sweat into this car.. and i think i'm gonna still be doing that in the future :p
i've just started to enjoy my vette guess i read what someone said about ( if u wanna sell it keep it stock, if u wanna enjoy do what u want ) i've kep mine stock loooong enough.. and now its time to PLAY :partyon: :partyon: so ,,, hopefully i'll get some pics of what i'm doing up soon heheheh
Dude stay safe there!:cheers:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.