Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out tis evening cruising with my wife and low an behold a Viper rolls up right next to me,he was by himself,we gave each other the look and my wife was like YOU BETTER NOT! So i begged her real quick...She said go ahead:D . So i rolled down the window and told him, lets do it from a roll-i will honk 3 times and we go,he nodded his head. We went from 40 mph and i was in paddle mode in second gear, I got him bad by 3 car lengths. So he pulled up again,this time i think he missed a shift cause i murded him by at least 5 car lengths:WTF . He than again for the last time rolled up and we went from 50 mph and AGAIN i got him by 3 car lengths:nuts: . That was AWESOME ! The guy looked upset, but i gave him the thumbs up:thumbsup: and he nodded his head and we went on our ways. This was a 95 r/t10,not the coupe. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Congrats.:partyon:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow... nice kill; I don't mean to be a dick at all by saying this (cuz I have the same car you do) but was it mainly his crappy driving that made him lose or did your c6 really have an edge?:cheers:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... nice kill; I don't mean to be a dick at all by saying this (cuz I have the same car you do) but was it mainly his crappy driving that made him lose or did your c6 really have an edge?:cheers:
No offense taken:thumbsup: . I did a little research on the older Vipers and found that there 1/4 times were high 12`s low 13`s. So it makes sense. The C6`s have the edge with these older Viper`s:D Now if i was racing say 03 Viper then it would be different. All in all tho, I GOT A VIPER:devil:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johniew398 Thanks:thumbsup:

Spiderpat, I have been waiting for this one, it was DELICIOUS:devil:

·
Registered
939 Posts
No offense taken:thumbsup: . I did a little research on the older Vipers and found that there 1/4 times were high 12`s low 13`s. So it makes sense. The C6`s have the edge with these older Viper`s:D Now if i was racing say 03 Viper then it would be different. All in all tho, I GOT A VIPER:devil:
NICE!!!:partyon:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Great kill!!!

The Viper guys thought they had a machine that would always be able to beat the Corvette. That's not true today. They know it.

The other day I was getting gas, and I see a black SRT-10 Viper. I knew he wasn't expecting to get SWEATED like a hot summer day. I rolled up on him and his buddy. They are doing about 35 and I roll along the passenger side. I'm in first gear, so I lay a fat patch right beside them. We stop at the light and I'm telling them "your days of thinking your the fastest, are over". The driver says "what do you have"? He is saying this as he is raising up to look at my fender. When he see's the badging, he sits right back down. I told him that we should head over to the I-90 bridge and hit some runs. They were over it. I wasn't trippin. I kept sweatin them for about a mile or two. Until the passenger said "leave us alone man".

Yea, I was being an ass. I know, but I was in that mood.

Jr.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The older Vipers were really like two 5 cylinder engines thrown together. About a year ago at the track in my old T/A I was running 12.3x with DRs and a early 90's Viper owner, all cocky of course, he lost his smiles with his 12.8x runs.

Nice kill though! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
151 Posts
Awesome kill there, I've been waiting for one of those too, my luck I
'll run into a twin-turbod one or something...LOL Keep up the good work man, lata.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Great kill!!!

The Viper guys thought they had a machine that would always be able to beat the Corvette. That's not true today. They know it.

The other day I was getting gas, and I see a black SRT-10 Viper. I knew he wasn't expecting to get SWEATED like a hot summer day. I rolled up on him and his buddy. They are doing about 35 and I roll along the passenger side. I'm in first gear, so I lay a fat patch right beside them. We stop at the light and I'm telling them "your days of thinking your the fastest, are over". The driver says "what do you have"? He is saying this as he is raising up to look at my fender. When he see's the badging, he sits right back down. I told him that we should head over to the I-90 bridge and hit some runs. They were over it. I wasn't trippin. I kept sweatin them for about a mile or two. Until the passenger said "leave us alone man".

Yea, I was being an ass. I know, but I was in that mood.

Jr.

Way to flex that GM muscle man!! The funny thing is, Vipers never had a problem with doing that to us (when they could). LOL I had many times in my C5 where I was bullied....keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
:agree: We can handle the old ones with no problems. But if the guy missed a shift...:nuts: Still, a kill is a kill...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
:huh:
The older Vipers were really like two 5 cylinder engines thrown together. About a year ago at the track in my old T/A I was running 12.3x with DRs and a early 90's Viper owner, all cocky of course, he lost his smiles with his 12.8x runs.

Nice kill though! :thumbsup:
I ran 13.2s consistently with my street tired, A-4 2000 WS6 T/A. It's amazing who you can beat when you are consistent and they make a relatively slight mistake shifting. Of course, that can happen to us with a manual too...

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Way to flex that GM muscle man!! The funny thing is, Vipers never had a problem with doing that to us (when they could). LOL I had many times in my C5 where I was bullied....keep up the good work!!
I think that's why I have so much passion sweatin the Vipers. I drove an O2 ZO6 for three years and I sold Dodges for almost five years. Car guys are car guys, I like kickin it with all of them, but sometimes Viper guys are a little to cocky. Those days are over for right now. Things will be different when I run into the 8.4 liter 600 horsepower Viper.

Shhhh.....Be wary wary quiet. I'm huntin Vipers.

Jr.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
would a bolt on modded (~ 400rwhp) c6 take the newer vipers?
i dont know for sure. but i know i can. the last 4 times at the track 11.62 even on a hot day:D

·
Registered
883 Posts
IMO just having a fast car like a Viper or Shelby GT500 does not mean you know how to drive. I have had so many instances where someones driving won the race for me before I even had a chance to!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts