Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 29th marks the one year anniversary of my '07 Z purchase. Just yesterday I have acheived 10,000 miles of trouble-free driving. Only three oil changes, and one mass airflow sensor replaced under warranty. I will be in the market for a new set of rear tires real soon!!! I just don't understand why that is? :thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
have you been a bad boy stop doing burnouts:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No true burnouts, but it's been autocrossed a few times and I tend to drive it hard. It's also had one track event at Gingerman Raceway. The price of having fun! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Next time you have an event at Gingerman let us know about it and someof us will try to get there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Must be fun to drive....hey? :laughing:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oct. 6 marks my one year anniversary and I'm about 15 miles away from the 10K mile mark.

glad to hear others are actually taking them out and driving them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me clarify. I'm not wasting oil. The first oil change was done at 3,500 miles, after the car had sat during the winter. The oil will be changed this week which is the "third" time it's been filled. The monitor indicates I have 48% left, I personally like to change it after I have driven it considerably or hard. Just a personal preference. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Let me clarify. I'm not wasting oil. The first oil change was done at 3,500 miles, after the car had sat during the winter. The oil will be changed this week which is the "third" time it's been filled. The monitor indicates I have 48% left, I personally like to change it after I have driven it considerably or hard. Just a personal preference. :thumbsup:
You are wasting oil.:WTF

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Well I see why you have to replace the tires at 10K....you don't drive it hard enough... you should have had to replace them 2K a go.:laughing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought mine on December 27, 2006 and have driven almost 1700 miles. Have done one oil change (every 3000 miles or six months whichever comes first). No problems so far and don't expect any.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought mine on December 27, 2006 and have driven almost 1700 miles. Have done one oil change (every 3000 miles or six months whichever comes first). No problems so far and don't expect any.
You are wasting oil. Do you have stock in Mobil?

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I change my oil every 3000 miles, the next oil change will be the 8th one:thumbsup: The car is super strong and I drive it hard. You have to be on top of your fluids on this car. You really have to watch the clutch fluid. The brake fluid can't be overlooked either.

Jr.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I change my oil every 3000 miles, the next oil change will be the 8th one:thumbsup: The car is super strong and I drive it hard. You have to be on top of your fluids on this car. You really have to watch the clutch fluid. The brake fluid can't be overlooked either.

Jr.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The link below is long and drawn out but to summarize....the most wear on your engine while using Mobil 1 5/30 occurs in the first 3000 miles. You are doing your engine more harm that if you ran the oil for 18,000 miles. You are also wasting oil making the USA more dependent on other countries.

CLICKY

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
That's your opinion. Having fresh clean oil in your car from day one, and keeping it as fresh and clean through out the life of the motor. Don't you think it will last longer?

How often do you change your oil?

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
The link below is long and drawn out but to summarize....the most wear on your engine while using Mobil 1 5/30 occurs in the first 3000 miles. You are doing your engine more harm that if you ran the oil for 18,000 miles. You are also wasting oil making the USA more dependent on other countries.

CLICKY
I'm still only going three thousand.

Jr.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's your opinion. Having fresh clean oil in your car from day one, and keeping it as fresh and clean through out the life of the motor. Don't you think it will last longer?

How often do you change your oil?

Jr.
I change my oil when the DIC says to. Read the study...fresh Mobil 1 causes more wear than 3000+ mile Mobil 1.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
equipone;90874on my 7 said:
I change my oil when the DIC says to. Read the study...fresh Mobil 1 causes more wear than 3000+ mile Mobil 1.
I'm about 400 miles away from my next oil change. My oil life gauge says 58% oil life left. When I get to the time of my oil change I will have about 50% left. Right where I feel it's time for a change. Go into a dealership to get warranty work done on your engine. They ask you when the last oil change was done? You tell them 18,000 miles ago. What do you think is going to happen? I have almost 24,000 miles on my car. With your thinking I should have went 18,000 mile on the oil that came from the factory and my next one is at 36,000 miles?

Jr.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm about 400 miles away from my next oil change. My oil life says 58% oil life left. When I get to the time of my oil change I will have about 50 % left. Right where I feel it's time for a change. Go into a dealership to get warranty work done on your engine. They ask you when the last oil change was done? You tell them 18,000 miles ago. What do you think is going to happen? I have almost 24,000 miles on my car. With your thinking I should have went 18,000 mile in the oil that came from the factory and my next one is at 36,000 miles?

Jr.

My DIC doesn't say to change the oil at 18,000. Where'd you get that? My DIC usually says 8,000 miles is when I'm due. The ~right~ answer when the service writer asks is "When the DIC said it was due". So you are admittedly changing your Mobil 1 at half it's usable life? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts