Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the C6 will not be a total
departure from the C5 like the C4 to the C5.That being said, any thoughts on waiting for the 2006 model to buy?
:excited:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
It's going to be substantially different from the C5:

drivetrain, particularly the engine
wheelbase lengthened
body design
interior design
etc.

Sadly, I won't have any more money to buy one in 2006 than I will in 2005.

welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Even GM said it won't be a total departure. And, it's obvious in looking at it that it isn't a striking departure.

But, when they pull the covers of the new Vettes at the NAIAS, we'll know if they did good or not.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
dalc5 said:
It appears that the C6 will not be a total
departure from the C5 like the C4 to the C5.That being said, any thoughts on waiting for the 2006 model to buy?
:excited:
I am waiting on the 2007. Currently leasing my '04 so that I can order my '07 and get it in the first or second batch of deliveries with at least 2 months to spare on the lease.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That's a tough decision that I have to make. I'm getting my C6 when I graduate from college in May 2006. If there is no Z06 in 2006, then I will wait for the 2007 model to come out. If there is a 2006 Z06 then that will be my car...at least that is what I have planned now.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
TreCool626 said:
That's a tough decision that I have to make. I'm getting my C6 when I graduate from college in May 2006. If there is no Z06 in 2006, then I will wait for the 2007 model to come out. If there is a 2006 Z06 then that will be my car...at least that is what I have planned now.
The C6 Z06, if it IS released as a 2006 model, should be out sometime in the Fall of 2005. So you should get your wish.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
bkuper said:
That is the rumor! :excited: :smokin:
It's a cool rumor though. Props to whoever came up with it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Trecool you are lucky. Im getting a Late model C4 for Graduating HS. You get a new C6 the year after i graduate. Ill be in my thirtys before ill be able to buy a C6.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Trecool you are lucky. Im getting a Late model C4 for Graduating HS. You get a new C6 the year after i graduate. Ill be in my thirtys before ill be able to buy a C6.:laughing:
My dad made this deal with me when I was in like elementary school that if I went to college for free he'd buy me any Corvette I wanted. Two and a half more years until I graduate. I can't wait to get out of this place.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
TreCool626 said:
My dad made this deal with me when I was in like elementary school that if I went to college for free he'd buy me any Corvette I wanted. Two and a half more years until I graduate. I can't wait to get out of this place.
Now thats a good deal. Hey I cant wait to get out of HS either. I dislike school.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Now thats a good deal. Hey I cant wait to get out of HS either. I dislike school.:laughing:
Speaking about disliking school, the acronym IHTFP is used to describe how much people dislike it here sometimes. Sorry I know if it off topic... To relate my post to the topic, I'm also wondering if the 2006 Z06 will have less hp than the 2007 kinda like the 2001 and 2002.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am getting the 2006 Z06 as soon as I can get my name on a waiting list. I go to the Air Force Academy and my dad also had a bit of a deal with me 2. He is still trying to convince me to buy a used 2003 Z06 instead though and wait on the C6 but im pretty sure i am gonna want the C6.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
85VetteTPI said:
I am getting the 2006 Z06 as soon as I can get my name on a waiting list. I go to the Air Force Academy and my dad also had a bit of a deal with me 2. He is still trying to convince me to buy a used 2003 Z06 instead though and wait on the C6 but im pretty sure i am gonna want the C6.
Ask your Dad if he is looking to adopt another child.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Speaking about disliking school, the acronym IHTFP is used to describe how much people dislike it here sometimes. Sorry I know if it off topic... To relate my post to the topic, I'm also wondering if the 2006 Z06 will have less hp than the 2007 kinda like the 2001 and 2002.
There was an engineering reason for the increase in HP from the 01 Z06 to the 02. Chevy had to make some last minute modifications to the new LS6 engine to make it emissions-legal in all 50 states, and some of them resulted in the 385 HP due to restrictions they put on the engine. However, they were able to get rid of those and re-engineer certain things for the 02 model year to squeeze the full 405 HP out of the LS6, while still keeping it legal.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
For all you concious shoppers out there remember that the Corvette has unbeliveably good financing so if you make $15/h 40 h's a week than you can get pretty nice apartment and a brand new vette!!!:excited: and im sure most of the older folks habe a job that pays alot nicer than that! and this is in canadian money!

T

·
0 Posts
If I can have a BKuper Candy Tangerine C6 Z06, Chevrolet can go ahead and bill me now. NOW!

My Vette habit is totally satisfied with my Z06. I could drive it till the wheels fall off and be perfectly happy with it.

When I need a new smell fix, the Ford GT, Gallardo, and 997s all look to be home runs. Or maybe a Viper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts