Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this in another thread, but I still havnt found the right solution.

The A/C system on my 79 has the low pressure fitting attached to the line connected to the A/C compressor. If you unscrew the cap and try to attach a filler hose, there is not enough room because there is a bolt head right above the fitting. Therefore, it is necessary to use some sort of 90 degree elbow to make the connection. I have not been able to find one anywhere.

What I need is a female to male r12 elbow, or even a female to male r12 hose of some sort that I can modify. Then, I will have enough room to attach my r134a adaptor, and charge the system. Without the elbow or a hose, ots impossible.

Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
low tech solution

i didn't do this but some one before me cut a notch in the offending bolt head on mine now there isn't any problem with hooking up the connector if you need i will try to post a picture of it. if your still interested.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Any of the tool guys, Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Cornwell, should have an adapter to get around anything. Around here, we've got Clark Tool. Stand alone store that sells all kinds of tools- they've got everything ftom OTC specialty tools, K-D, S-K and lots of the odd ball stuff too. And some big stuff like lathes and drill presses. MAybe some one in your area has something like it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments,

Im good to go now that I have my 90 degree elbow.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts