Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build (at some point) a car that is fast but will still hold up fairly well on curvy back roads. I have never driven a rear-wheel drive sports car (other than my 300zx that had wheel hop issues too), but I hear the Vette is especially tough when it comes to wheel hop. What can be done to remedy this issue? I wouldn't mind thinking of some time of airbag suspension but don't know if this is practical or even helpful. More realistically would probably be a full coil-over conversion, but I at least need to be able to clear speed bumps. Any suggestions?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
They are a myriad of reasons any car can wheel hop. Neither of my Vettes wheel hop. I say get the Vette first and don't anticipate problems... just anticipate fun!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,685 Posts
I've had 2 C5's A '00 coupe A4 and a '04 Z06 and never had a problem with wheel hop with either one

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
my 01 coup a4 has 118k on it ,many types of track racing,it has z06 rims and gy supercar tires .never hopped.my 07 z hops like a bunny when its cold out

·
DC Crew
914 Posts
There are several ways to reduce wheel hop, shocks, sways and springs will help.

There is another consideration, as it is hard to fully get rid of the bunny hop. Alot of folks go with a rear end brace to help with the output shafts breaking...

I put sways and shocks on my CE and it all but eliminated in normal driving situations.

Peace
Chip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts