Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fuel cutoff switch or interia switch to reset on a 95? If so, where is it? I looked through the owners manual and can't find any mention of one.

#2, is there a good shop on the south side of Chicago to take the 95 for body work? Wifey tangled with a taxi cab Wednesday night. Had to tow the the poor lil thing home.:( And today was the day we were going to put it on blocks for the winter. :(

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sorry to hear about your meeting with the Taxi. Thank God the wife is okay.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't know of a fuel cut-off switch. The thing to try would be the fuel pump fuse. If this is what you're meaning. Glad your wifes' OK. Vettes are fixable. Wifes aren't.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Glad your wife's OK
How about pics of the damage?? Were the Airbags deployed??

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the bags didn't deploy. It was more of a side swipe kind of thing. Everything around near the battery is mangled including the battery and computer. She called and told me the battery was leaking, so I bought a new one and got in place. It didn't start, although it cranked forever. That's what made me think of the cutoff switch, if there is one.

The left fender, door, and hood are busted up.

She and the cab were both making a left turn in one of those two lanes turn corner. The cab went into her.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I went to Country Side Customs but, I wouldn't recommend them. They do great paint work but, I found a number of little things that they did not put back together correctly.

Other then that, I don't know of any good shops on the south side.

Glad to know your better half is ok.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car. Glad the wife is O.K. Maybe the computer is messed up bad enough that it won't run.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah wifey is ok. The computer had to take a hit. As you know it's right over the battery, and that thing got smashed. The hood right over the computer area is cracked through. The insurance adjuster is supposed to look at the car by Thursday. One piece of good news is that I can take it wherever I want. I hope the second piece of news is that they'll cover the full cost of the fix.

I was told that a shop called Xcaliber in Mokena might be good. We'll check that out after the adjuster is done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts