Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn.. :surprised RIP

SANFORD, Fla. – A maintenance worker at a central Florida country club is dead after being struck by a golfer's tee shot.

Police say Maurice Hayden was pulling weeds near a tree at the Mayfair Country Club in Sanford on Wednesday when he was struck in the temple about 30 yards away.

The 42-year-old man was taken to Central Florida Regional Hospital. Police say he died Thursday after being removed from life support.

Police say the shot was an accident and that the golfer will not face charges.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/26/fla-golf-course-worker-hit-tee-shot-dies/#ixzz16RH0bHHY

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Rip

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Golf's A Dangerous Game

Errrrrrr I Think

True Story: I had both my front teeth knocked clean out of my head by a Golf Ball coming off a tee

Yeah Its true lol

4 hours in the oral surgeons office and I'm good as new :laughing:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
30 yds in front of a tee box ??? That's crazy. R.I.P.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
when i was younger my moms bf took me golfing and i wasnt really all that good. I was on a par 3 with a iron, not even a wood with a tee. He was sitting in the golf cart about 20 feet to the right of me and a little infront. I shafted the ball and it hit him in the head, bounced off his head to the roof of the cart and bounced off there and hit him in the head again.

hes head was split wide the hell open and blood was everywhere.

luckally it wanst all that bad and he just had to have some stiches. but that was with a iron and a pre teen kid who dont really have alot of power in his swing. Id hate to see the damage a full grown adult with a wood and some power could do off a tee

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
When it's your time... it's your time.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
when i was younger my moms bf took me golfing and i wasnt really all that good. I was on a par 3 with a iron, not even a wood with a tee. He was sitting in the golf cart about 20 feet to the right of me and a little infront. I shafted the ball and it hit him in the head, bounced off his head to the roof of the cart and bounced off there and hit him in the head again.

luckally it wanst all that bad and he just had to have some stiches. but that was with a iron and a pre teen kid who dont really have alot of power in his swing. Id hate to see the damage a full grown adult with a wood and some power could do off a tee

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

:laughing:
I must be a little off, but that image is really funny. I guess it's because it turned out ok.

Question...did you ever go golfing with him again? :devil:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Never stand anywhere but behind an active tee box.
But not too close! When I was 7 I definately caught a driver with my forehead and shattered my skull. Several hours of putting the bones back together like an expert level puzzle and 2 months of healing and I was good as new! Sort of.. what's my name again?

:laughing: I joke I joke. It did suck, though.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Man that little ball can do alot of damage.:surprised

I live fairly close to a golf course but not quite close enough to get stray balls (that sounded funny didn't it?):laughing:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Man that little ball can do alot of damage.:surprised

I live fairly close to a golf course but not quite close enough to get stray balls (that sounded funny didn't it?):laughing:
You mean that you're picking up stray balls? :smack

No, that is not funny at all...

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Stray balls can be dirty, much better to leave stray balls alone.;)

:laughing:
The "Stray Balls" were one of Jills' favorite bands in the 70's.:laughing:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts