Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me set a little preface here first. I got this really bad hunk of junk for one reason only, to be a driveway ornament, never to be driven on the road, tagged or titled.

It just barely moves, engine, trans, brakes are shot, the interior is half missing, all the vinyl seating, carpet has deteriorated to nothing, half a dash, digitals are gone, all badging stripped off, it's really a piece of crap, should have been in the scrap yard years ago. One surprising thing about it is the body panels and windows are in decent shape.

Previous owner had rattled canned the entire exterior and, as you can expect, did not turn out well. Not looking the way I wanted, sanded it down and threw some colored primer on it, not rattled canned but brushed and rolled. Here are the results, and to me, turned out better than expected for something that's just going to sit outside.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Drinkware Automotive tire Cup Drink Gas

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,940 Posts
Put it on Ebay as a rare Vette with a suede paint job. Some idiot just mighty give you 20K for it

Reactions: Norm 1

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's finally sitting in the driveway, pics of what folks see from the road and what I see from around the house.
I like it, it suits my purposes well.

Plant Vehicle Tire Car Natural environment
Plant Building Property Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car
Plant Car Vehicle Tire Sky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts