Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for 18 x 11 wheels w/ 4.5 b.s. for rear.any referalls would be appreciated. getting frustrated with local suppliers not responding. I found some sites but most of those seem to be sku'd towards porsche and euro style. thnx again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
18 x 11 is a rare size, most wheel manufacturer's stop at 18 x 10, and anything above that is a custom build I guess its because they all use a similar hoop manufacturer.

I ordered my rears in 18 x 10 and had weldcraft widen them to 13 for me.
Cheaper and quicker than having them custom made by Bonspeed.(Bonspeed wanted double the price ($1100 a wheel) and quoted 10 to 12 weeks, weldcraft charged me $250 and took 7 days (12 days door to door)).

Nick

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Nick, have you got any pictures of your rear tires with the flares? I'm looking at new rubber for my '69, but want to get wider than 8" wheels and not have to go to offset t/a's. Need to fill that monster flare!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally made a decision on those wheels.:thud: ended up staying with 15 inch but using 12 inch width with 4.75 b.s. wheels are centerline convopros. I had to move the parking brake bracket and used a one inch shorter bolts on the leaf springto take care of cleareance issues. Rear tires are mickey drag radials, p325-50-r15 and filled those flares very nicely. thanks for all the advice. Kevin

·
Registered
959 Posts
finally made a decision on those wheels.:thud: ended up staying with 15 inch but using 12 inch width with 4.75 b.s. wheels are centerline convopros. I had to move the parking brake bracket and used a one inch shorter bolts on the leaf springto take care of cleareance issues. Rear tires are mickey drag radials, p325-50-r15 and filled those flares very nicely. thanks for all the advice. Kevin

Is there a motor in that car in your avatar pic??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not just me? yeah theres a motor in there 427 actually I've always thought it sat pretty high myself. I've had her for 29 years, got it w/ blown motor on a stand and thought it would squat down when i put it back in. but it barely budged. still it does'nt ride bad at all. I'm pretty certain the springs were changed myself. but I actually like the stance with the flares JMHO.
kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts