Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had no problems with my C6 Z06 for 19 months until this week.

Got DIC code of check "Handling Service & Traction Control." Was going to have the dealer check it out but it went away.

Got back home and was then headed to work and got a "left front flat tire warning + the original check "Handling Service & Traction Control." Didnt have time to check it out so I grabbed my wifes car to go do a presentation.
After I got home I manually checked the left front tire, thinking must be the computer since it registered 38.5 lbs. Thought I had better take it to the dealer and it pulled to right and had a rumble sound coming from the front. I stopped and sure enought the right front was completely flat so I turned around and took it back home.

I know they say you can drive on these runflats but it sounded bad and handled terribly. I have a reputable tire service coming out tomorrow to yank the tire off and repair it. It only has 600 miles on it.

I talked to my service advisor and told him about the flat indication on the wrong side and he said that was a simple computer adjustment.

·
Registered
307 Posts
At some point your wheels were switched from side to side and the pressures sensors were not reinitialized.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I think your going to find this to be human error not a trouble with the Z.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing like a house call, but anyway they came and took the wheel/tire off, repaired it and had it back on the car within two hours. Don't bother asking me how much a housecall like that costs.

Dealer says he will reprogram the sensors next time I'm in so they're matching up the correct wheels/tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts