floor jack

Hello , what is the name for a floor jack to lift my c5 ,and how many tonnes
do i need ???

thanks Cuvette

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
A 2-ton floor jack would be fine.

Get a nice quality one (about $100-150) and compare the lifting inches. Depending on what you want to do under the car it may make a difference for you.

You probably know that jacks are used for lifting... not supporting. Always use jackstands!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
When jacking the C5 you should use jacking "pucks", you can make them from a hokey puck and an eyelet screw or buy premade from any of the catalog folks. If you look at you owner's manual it will give you more instructios. There are places under the "rocker panels" 2 on each side, they are oval cut outs in the "frame" of the car. Those are the recommeded spots to jack. You can also jack dead center front and rear with a piece of wood between the frame and jack. those spots may be in the manual. IF you have any doubts or are unsure, please stop at a dealer of find a local C5 owner that has jacked their vehicle before and ASK where and how so as not to damage your car or YOURSELF.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,526 Posts
Also check the closed height. It can make a difference when trying to put it under you car.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Harbour Freight. On sale last week for $99.00. Might still be on sale. I love mine, I actually have jacks that match the colors of my cars. :excited:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts