Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cbs12.com/articles/gov-4732340-scott-bill.html#ixzz1LZkAwJFC

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A requirement for drug testing of welfare applicants is heading to Gov. Rick Scott who has made the legislation one of his top priorities.

The bill that received a final vote Thursday would require applicants to pay for the tests out of their own pockets but they would be reimbursed if they pass. The measure received final approval in the Senate on a 26-11 vote with all Republicans for it and all Democrats against it.

Republicans say it's only fair for welfare recipients to be tested because many taxpayers are screened at their place of employment.

Democrats cite a federal court ruling that struck down a drug screening program for welfare recipients in Michigan as a violation of privacy rights.

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/gov-4732340-scott-bill.html#ixzz1LaRheWWz

Haaaaaalllllaaaaaaalllluuuuuyyyaaaaa! About Fooking time!:thumbsup:

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun being excited about this small step, but I am hoping.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Now if we could only put them to work cleaning streets, mowing grass, or cleaning up grafitti. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice. Lets hope it passes and sets precedent.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Good luck with that one.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
As a Floridian I will be watching this one and I hope it passes and stands. My question to those who think it won't pass or the courts will rule against it is, if welfare is a benefit then why shouldn't the government be able to put whatever qualifications/restrictions on it they want in order to receive said benefit?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
It's a good start, but that dont cover bum live-in boyfriends using the women for their bridge card for beer n pizza....

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
It's a good start, but that dont cover bum live-in boyfriends using the women for their bridge card for beer n pizza....
:laughing:
You're right...we should scrap the whole thing then...
I'd guess you know all about that trick...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only ones bitching about this are the one's receiving Welfare. You should here some of these people. One person said why should they have to piss, its a benefit that they have been paying into all these years. What’s wrong with these people? From the land of opportunity to the land of entitlement. Work for a fooking living you pieces of shite!!! God I wish I was running things!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
We're already paying for them now. So if it's determined are drug addicts, they will probably get more money.

This country has become too politically correct, and over-the-edge compassionate.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
yup, time to just end these programs that promote laziness and worthlessness. just end them now.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The only people who count to this government, are the people they pay to vote, not the people who pay the bills... this isn't going anywhere, without a 10th amendment act.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
:laughing:
You're right...we should scrap the whole thing then...
I'd guess you know all about that trick...:rolleyes:

At this one company i used to work at,

One of the white collar guyz in the tool room, had gotten divorced by his wife. They had three kids, and lived a healthy, middle class life with good values, comfy living, church, sports, ect... till they were in their middle forties.
Then his wife announced she was done with him since the kids were past their childhood, their marriage councilor told her she got married too young, and she needed to start her life over.

She promptly got knocked up by her new minority boyfriend with two babies, quit her job, and collected welfare for her and the two babies, and the guy at my work paid child support for his tween age kids, he lost custody for, while her jobless minority boyfriend lived with them for free and drank beer and had sex in the house, this guy at my work, paid for with his years of hard work.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
At this one company i used to work at,

One of the white collar guyz in the tool room, had gotten divorced by his wife. They had three kids, and lived a healthy, middle class life with good values, comfy living, church, sports, ect... till they were in their middle forties.
Then his wife announced she was done with him since the kids were past their childhood, their marriage councilor told her she got married too young, and she needed to start her life over.

She promptly got knocked up by her new minority boyfriend with two babies, quit her job, and collected welfare for her and the two babies, and the guy at my work paid child support for his tween age kids, he lost custody for, while her jobless minority boyfriend lived with them for free and drank beer and had sex in the house, this guy at my work, paid for with his years of hard work.
Sounds like my life...
I ain't complainin', I just watched my 22y/o daughter graduate from college (been out of the house since she was 5), and was taken to lunch by my ex and her new husband, who paid for it, with my child support checks...

I can relate to this guys problems, but I don't have the foggiest idea how it relates to piss tests for welfare recipients.

The problem is like Newb put it...the asshats running the country are more interested in buying influence and power through taxation of responsible citizens and redistribution of thier assets to do so...the responsible people, dems, pubs, inds, and Libs, are getting tired of it. This is just the beginning of the process to correct it. Will it pan out? I personally think it's too little too late and a profound crash and burn is in the near future.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I don't see what adding the adjective "minority" had to do with the story or her actions. Would her actions be any less offensive if her love interest was white ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Sounds like my life...
I ain't complainin', I just watched my 22y/o daughter graduate from college (been out of the house since she was 5), and was taken to lunch by my ex and her new husband, who paid for it, with my child support checks...

I can relate to this guys problems, but I don't have the foggiest idea how it relates to piss tests for welfare recipients.

The problem is like Newb put it...the asshats running the country are more interested in buying influence and power through taxation of responsible citizens and redistribution of thier assets to do so...the responsible people, dems, pubs, inds, and Libs, are getting tired of it. This is just the beginning of the process to correct it. Will it pan out? I personally think it's too little too late and a profound crash and burn is in the near future.
And then there's my brother in-law who's wife(she's the boss) had them claim welfare for their 3 kids, when he earns over 25k per year, so they can have HS internet with wifi, cable tv, Iphones, two laptops, two Ipads, Bose theater system, plasma screen tv's, car's with dvd players....
all while they game the system for welfare meant for poverty income people.

That's messed up.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I don't see what adding the adjective "minority" had to do with the story or her actions. Would her actions be any less offensive if her love interest was white ?

What about this, bro ?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I hope the next step will cover any failed drug test, allowing them to be tested when suspected and/or if they are convicted of any drug offense.

But, this should be paired with a strong Castle Doctrine law because these are the types to turn to burgulary to get money.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I hope the next step will cover any failed drug test, allowing them to be tested when suspected and/or if they are convicted of any drug offense.

But, this should be paired with a strong Castle Doctrine law because these are the types to turn to burgulary to get money.
FL has a very good Castle Doctrine along with a Stand Your Ground Law

1 - 20 of 21 Posts