Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Can anybody tell me good or bad or if it is a waste of money.

I have one, being that I am not a highly skilled get paid for washing cars kind of guy my opinion won't be worth 2 cents.

It's sort of fun to use but I think a good pre-hose down does the same, adds an extra step to an already PITA. I get no Zen or joy out of washing, claying, buffing, waxing. Unless it's a part of a kit that you're really wanting, I'd pass it by.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one, being that I am not a highly skilled get paid for washing cars kind of guy my opinion won't be worth 2 cents.

It's sort of fun to use but I think a good pre-hose down does the same, adds an extra step to an already PITA. I get no Zen or joy out of washing, claying, buffing, waxing. Unless it's a part of a kit that you're really wanting, I'd pass it by.
My son wants to get one I kind of looked at it as a waste of money. Like you said I get no kick out of washing cars driving them I get a big kick out of. I was just wondering if I was missing anything and I'm guessing that would be a no. thank you for your feed back.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,479 Posts
I'm with you. I don't spend a lot of time washing, spend more on driving. The Vette I might actually wash a half dozen times a year and might just hose it off another half a dozen times. Now my truck, that's a different story. I think I washed it last year. Not really sure. Now the foam cannon. That looks like it could be fun at a pool party with a bunch of girls in :hump:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with you. I don't spend a lot of time washing, spend more on driving. The Vette I might actually wash a half dozen times a year and might just hose it off another half a dozen times. Now my truck, that's a different story. I think I washed it last year. Not really sure. Now the foam cannon. That looks like it could be fun at a pool party with a bunch of girls in :hump:
LOL pool party on my way :agree:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would think evaporation might be a problem for me. I wash in the cooler mornings in the shade of the garage and find I need to finish wash after washing a side at a time. At my AZ place I wash off after every two panels.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think evaporation might be a problem for me. I wash in the cooler mornings in the shade of the garage and find I need to finish wash after washing a side at a time. At my AZ place I wash off after every two panels.
Ya I beat at there in AZ things dry up real fast. not that bad here. my car never gets that dirty rinse with water dry and a little spray wax I'm back to driving it. the paint is 25 years old so it is what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts