1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my problem unable to start car! 2000 C5
Things I have tried
New car battery, new batteries in fob,s and check that they are working
When I try to program fob,s get as far as fob training and that is as far as I get can not get Fob.s to train
So I replaced ignition switch and am still stuck at the same place with fob training just can not get past that part!
Any suggestion what to try next I have followed the instruction how to program the key fob and get stuck at the above problems :WTF thank for any help Joseph1940

No the engine does not crank yes all the lights work

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
This is my problem unable to start car! 2000 C5
On the C5 the fob isn't used to start the car. You can leave it in the house as long as you have the key. Does the key have the right resistor pill? Does the engine crank but not start or not crank at all. Do you have other electrical operation like headlights radio etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the C5 the fob isn't used to start the car. You can leave it in the house as long as you have the key. Does the key have the right resistor pill? Does the engine crank but not start or not crank at all. Do you have other electrical operation like headlights radio etc?
Engine will not crank at all all other electrical operation
are working ! did checked and do have juice going to the starter

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
do you have the right key? if the resistor chip isnt correct, it wont crank....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Does not help when people do not give full details of what the car has.
If manual trannie check the safety start switch off the clutch pedal. can even short the 2 wires and bypass that switch
If auto trannie could be the park switch on shifter.

Does the security light on dash flash ?

If not then the BCM has a issue, could be even the BCM has to be relearned to the PCM

Did not report if and what DTC error codes shown on DIC when in diag mode.

Will not start if the oil pressure sender is wacked

Could be the resister pellet on key is dirty, try spare key.
Have key Ohm measured for the code of your car and see if the pellet has the correct resistance value.

Of course, check both fuse panels for blown fuses.

Bad spot on starter solenoid, try rocking car in gear to maybe move beyond bad spot.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Bad spot on starter solenoid, try rocking car in gear to maybe move beyond bad spot.
how would that help? the only time when the bendix gear is in contact with the flywheel/flexplate is when the solenoid is engaged during cranking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts