Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
why not put the money you would be spending on the achieva into a savings account instead?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Good looking car. Do what ya can with what ya got.
One day you'll get a Vette then you will spend all your money on it.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
That is a nice looking ride! I bet when you get a vette, your going to go all custom on it too.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
being from calif,the first thing i noticed in your picture Patrick,is those jack stands.
DANGER Will Robinson,DANGER.:surprised

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Go ahead and laugh,
I'm putting money into an Achieva but I don't have the money for an f-body or a vette :huh:
did you ever take it to the track?
the F-Bodies are falling sorta quik out here,not sure about the mainland.Today's paper has a SS camero,vert loaded,for $17,000.iv'e seen 99s for $15,000.
there's a 2002 vette/auto for $45,000.:buhbye:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: For those of you who don't have a vette...

hawaii-5-lo said:
did you ever take it to the track?
Not yet but I'd like to sometime, maybe next spring I will...

hawaii-5-lo said:
the F-Bodies are falling sorta quik out here,not sure about the mainland.Today's paper has a SS camero,vert loaded,for $17,000.iv'e seen 99s for $15,000.
there's a 2002 vette/auto for $45,000.:buhbye:
A few months ago I saw a 98-02 Z28 for $8000 but I couldn't afford that as well

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I drive the most abused 2001 Land Rover on the earth.

i doubt that you should see what the dealers and mechanics do to those things during training....i can get pics if you like

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Punk Boy said:
i doubt that you should see what the dealers and mechanics do to those things during training....i can get pics if you like
- I had all 4 wheels off the ground before the truck had 100 miles on it.

- I've driven in water that was over the hood of the car.

- The engine was running hot because the radiator was packed with clay.

- My engine compartment is still covered in mud.

- I've gone four wheeling and removed 3 and 4 inch rocks from above the frame rails later on.

Any questions?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
- I had all 4 wheels off the ground before the truck had 100 miles on it.

- I've driven in water that was over the hood of the car.

- The engine was running hot because the radiator was packed with clay.

- My engine compartment is still covered in mud.

- I've gone four wheeling and removed 3 and 4 inch rocks from above the frame rails later on.

Any questions?
yep sounds about like what they do...land rover takes them out once or twice a year to show them what the vehicals are capable of...this summer i'm going to try and go with the brother :)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I drive a '93 Mustang LX 5.0L coupe. Dad has the Vette in the family. I'm waiting for my 2006!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
just poking fun of coarse,dude where's the car in the other lane?better work on that reaction time..:smokin:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I was running faster than him so he got a head start.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
the stang looks to be in great shape.man,i bet those C6 pictures really got you fired up,ya.:buhbye:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
the stang looks to be in great shape.man,i bet those C6 pictures really got you fired up,ya.:buhbye:
Haha. Since you bring it up, yes the stang is in great shape. The guy I bought it from rebuilds wrecked Mustangs. He buys them from the insurance companies then puts them back together better than original. So mine had an R-Title when I bought it 3.5 years ago. Well when we were bringing it home my dad was driving it to get it insured and opened the door on a narrow street and got clipped by a pickup. Crunched my door the first day I had the car. Luckily this was post insurance. We got a new door and had it fixed. Then a year and a half ago when I came to the Academy for plebe summer, a week after I left, my little brother was driving it and showing off and did a 180 and crunched the front end. Once again the car was owned by the insurance company. The same guy that rebuilt it the first time rebuilt it again. Since the front was rebuilt, I got a new R-title and lost the front license plate black thing since PA doesn't require front plates. The first time it was wrecked was in the rear. My dad and I joke that the only thing original on the car is the passenger side door. It's a great car though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My nice weather driver is a 2002 mustang gt convertible, once it's paid off I plan to get a chrome bumper c3 vert, preferably big block.

I also have my trusty full size 89 bronco xlt. 125,000 miles and runs great. Burns almost no oil either.

I don't know how I ended up with 2 fords, I've always been a GM and AMC guy.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts