Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally determined the speedo is correct on my car, but the computer says the car is going about 15-20% faster.....I do have the 4000 ppm sender and a 1227730 SD stockish computer.....and custom chip....

so is there a programming thingy in the chip saying what rear ratio is in the car, and so it could be set for say a 308 ratio, explaining the differances??

that, and the temps seem a bit on the high side also....but only by say 10f or so, well liveable,

other than that the thing FINALLY will clock 125 mph so quick it's amazing, just the morning I got a traffic break and went for it....maybe I was over impressed having just 2 mugs/coffee in me at the time....

:crazy: :WTF :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Sounds like you got it running fairly well...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you got it running fairly well...:thumbsup:
Yes, finally the black star lets some sunshine in....some crap of long standing proportions has been eliminated....

so to go for a couple of details, and some underhood work still, then maybe get other stuff done, like paint...

:laughing:

·
Registered
905 Posts
[

that, and the temps seem a bit on the high side also....but only by say 10f or so, well liveable,

Mine seems to run hot also. I've got a new aliminum radiator with new rubber around it to make sure all the air goes through it, spoiler, dual 11" spal fans and 35 GPM electric water pump and no thermostat and it still hovers around 200*? I'm even going to take the trans cooling lines out of the rad and just run them through the cooler to see if the trans will cool down a little. Seems like the rad is causing the trans to run hot too.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[

Mine seems to run hot also. I've got a new aliminum radiator with new rubber around it to make sure all the air goes through it, spoiler, dual 11" spal fans and 35 GPM electric water pump and no thermostat and it still hovers around 200*? I'm even going to take the trans cooling lines out of the rad and just run them through the cooler to see if the trans will cool down a little. Seems like the rad is causing the trans to run hot too.

Art, my car is not running hot, confirmed by several methods...the computer says to the scanner a temp that is consistantly 10f higher....

anyway, that is not my primary issue...

on your overheating problem....I blame the electric pump first off....
I have heard many times it takes like 3-5? hp to run a water pump on a typical V8....so lets say 3 horse....at 750 watts each horse, that's 2250 watts....divide by 13=173 amps......

yeh, I believe it....electric pumps are not good for the street....

even IF i'ts ONE hp....750 watts @12 volts is....~60 amps....

I have heard time and time again the same general equations/conversations over the years, from drag racing 40 years ago to today on the net...

drag pumps are fine for a 9 second run, and a 30 second return trip...but not much further....

maybe check the lower suction hose...but it's slim chance...just in case...

:WTF :cheers:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have finally determined the speedo is correct on my car, but the computer says the car is going about 15-20% faster.....I do have the 4000 ppm sender and a 1227730 SD stockish computer.....and custom chip....

so is there a programming thingy in the chip saying what rear ratio is in the car, and so it could be set for say a 308 ratio, explaining the differances??

other than that the thing FINALLY will clock 125 mph so quick it's amazing, just the morning I got a traffic break and went for it....maybe I was over impressed having just 2 mugs/coffee in me at the time....

:crazy: :WTF :cheers:

The guy that burned my chip asked for my rear end ratio, so I would assume there is a rear end ratio calibration on the chip. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts