Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was little bitty kid, cars from the 40's were dominant on the streets. The first car I remember wanting was 55 Buick:laughing: I said, I'm gonna have one of those when I grow up.:laughing: Then the 60's came and went, the 70's passed by, most of the 80's and 90's are just a blur.

Let me get to the point here. Don't take **** too seriously. Problems and goals have a way of straightening out. Enjoy yourselves, remember your days. Do what's right all the time, and don't think a short cut is a good gamble. The right way is the only way.

This is after a double scotch. I gotta do one of those from time to time.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Hahaha... . I'm loaded too, bubba.

Life is so thickly complicated at the moment with business, that I will literally ask my son the same question in a one-hour period. "Shane what did you do at Jay's house?". "Shane what did you do at Jay's house?". "Shane what did you do at Jay's house?". Each time not remembering what I asked, or even what his response was. He thinks it's amusing. (I don't) ...

I am an honorable man and I own an honorable business. But, I work with an unethical world. I try to do what's right all the time, and not take short cuts ... but the right way is putting me in the poor house!

I should have become a criminal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Re: Re: for you youngsters out there

Patrick96LT4 said:
I try to do what's right all the time, and not take short cuts ... but the right way is putting me in the poor house!

I should have become a criminal. :rolleyes: [/B]
I hear that loud and clear.

I try to do what is right all the time. Seems that EVERYONE else tries to take the other route. I try to remember that one saying, "What comes around, goes around." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I hear ya Rudy!

If you ask me, I am the wealthiest man on Earth. I have a great family (in our own way :) ), a fantastic girl and the best friends any man can ask for... and I own a Corvette. :thumbsup:

So far, life's been good, it just took some growing up to realize it (I can thank the Navy for that).

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: for you youngsters out there

Patrick96LT4 said:
I am an honorable man and I own an honorable business. But, I work with an unethical world. I try to do what's right all the time, and not take short cuts ... but the right way is putting me in the poor house!...:rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more. But it's wearing me out in the process.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: Re: Re: for you youngsters out there

bkuper said:
I couldn't agree more. But it's wearing me out in the process.
I just sent out a company-wide memo telling everyone to be unethical so we can survive the down economy.

:laughing:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I probably shouldn't say this. Anyway my daughter bought a laptop computer from a guy who sells on E-bay but this wasn't an E-bay auction. It looks like the deal is up and up. She will sell her HP computer asap but gets this laptop anyway. The guys in Europe. She wires him the money. So far no laptop. The money has been picked up, but no response from him via E-mail. I feel sorry for her. She's worked all summer as an Intern in an accounting company here. College at EIU starts in Aug.
I told her if the deals gone bad this dude will be dealt with in the end. There will someday be a day of reckoning. I know some people can be this dishonest, but I never thought this would happen to one of my kids.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
FiberglasMD said:
I probably shouldn't say this. Anyway my daughter bought a laptop computer from a guy who sells on E-bay but this wasn't an E-bay auction. It looks like the deal is up and up. She will sell her HP computer asap but gets this laptop anyway. The guys in Europe. She wires him the money. So far no laptop. The money has been picked up, but no response from him via E-mail. I feel sorry for her. She's worked all summer as an Intern in an accounting company here. College at EIU starts in Aug.
I told her if the deals gone bad this dude will be dealt with in the end. There will someday be a day of reckoning. I know some people can be this dishonest, but I never thought this would happen to one of my kids.
Unfortunately that kind of crap happens all the time. If you buy on e-bay or any other site like that, you are taking a chance. I guess the only defense is to stay away from them. I know there are sometimes good deals available, but it seems to me you can always find the things you want at a price you can afford, locally.

JMO.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
FiberglasMD said:
Shoot me an e-mail and maybe I can help the laptop problem.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well heres my 2 cents. I've been honest and pretty low key my whole life. I've enjoyed my time on earth. For sure I worked too hard and worried my butt off about work/money/kids/and my wife. Instead I had a heart attack at 35 . With a bypass I was back on the road determined not to sweat the small stuff but as time wore on back came the worries and stress. Another heart attack at 57. Tripple bypass and I'm back in business again and this time I vowed to smell the flowers. Family business that I worked for sold out after I had been there for 38 years. Forget the flowers, more stress than ever before. Lasted for 2 years and 6 months before I was terminated. Reason....I could not get back to work in 5 months because I had come down with cancer. If you think it didn't have something to do with stress I think you are wrong. I cry when I think of all the time I wasted worrying about **** I couldn't control. What biltogo is saying is oh so true. People its hard but try to be good and it will come back to you. There is two ways to read "what goes around comes around"

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well said.

I farm. I work for UPS partime. I work for Wilbert's Burial Vault Co on call. My wife works and hates to leave the kids. Oldest 19 youngest 10. She says she hardly knows the youngest. I wish she could be home and the farm support us like it should. My wife and I just came back yesterday from spending two days in the Bahama's. We needed it. I look on life different now as the kids get older. I look at things I did and didn't do. Now in between working I'm trying to make every day count and be Thankful for what we have.
That was the reason we bought the first Vette. Just to have a quick way to relax with each other.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Truely, two groups of people that seem to get the short end of the stick are farmers and teachers. Where would we be without them, but it seems they get little credit for what they do. One of my best friends is a farmer and his wife is a teacher. You could not find better people anywhere on this earth. My hat is off to you FiberglasMD :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
Well heres my 2 cents. I've been honest and pretty low key my whole life. I've enjoyed my time on earth. For sure I worked too hard and worried my butt off about work/money/kids/and my wife. Instead I had a heart attack at 35 . With a bypass I was back on the road determined not to sweat the small stuff but as time wore on back came the worries and stress. Another heart attack at 57. Tripple bypass and I'm back in business again and this time I vowed to smell the flowers. Family business that I worked for sold out after I had been there for 38 years. Forget the flowers, more stress than ever before. Lasted for 2 years and 6 months before I was terminated. Reason....I could not get back to work in 5 months because I had come down with cancer. If you think it didn't have something to do with stress I think you are wrong. I cry when I think of all the time I wasted worrying about **** I couldn't control. What biltogo is saying is oh so true. People its hard but try to be good and it will come back to you. There is two ways to read "what goes around comes around"
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's a bit of hisdom I had heard.

A teacher fills a jar with rocks and asks the classs if it was full.
The class all agreed that it was. The teacher took a handfull of pebbles and tapped the jar until the pebbles filled the space between the rocks.
"Is it full now?" the teacher asked.
Again the class said yes.
The teacher did the same with a handfull of sand.
It has to be full now right?
Nope.
The teacher opened two beer and poured them in.
"Now", said the teacher,"the jar is full."

If you haven't guessed, there is a moral.

The jar is your life.
The rocks are the really important stuff, family, friends and so on.
The pebbles are the sort of important stuff, house, job, cars, and the like.
The sand is the small stuff. All the crap that really doesn't matter.
If you fill up your jar with the sand first, there is no room for the important stuff.
So, remember, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

Oh yeah, there is always room for a couple of beers.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
cavsvet74 said:
Here's a bit of hisdom I had heard.

A teacher fills a jar with rocks and asks the classs if it was full.
The class all agreed that it was. The teacher took a handfull of pebbles and tapped the jar until the pebbles filled the space between the rocks.
"Is it full now?" the teacher asked.
Again the class said yes.
The teacher did the same with a handfull of sand.
It has to be full now right?
Nope.
The teacher opened two beer and poured them in.
"Now", said the teacher,"the jar is full."

If you haven't guessed, there is a moral.

The jar is your life.
The rocks are the really important stuff, family, friends and so on.
The pebbles are the sort of important stuff, house, job, cars, and the like.
The sand is the small stuff. All the crap that really doesn't matter.
If you fill up your jar with the sand first, there is no room for the important stuff.
So, remember, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

Oh yeah, there is always room for a couple of beers.
All I read was "a couple of beers" ... so I'm off to the fridge....

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts