Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t fit in it, I’m too tall. It’s been in pieces in my garage since 2004. Since then a lot has been done, but not finished my any stretch. I up graded the motor three time and it’s never been started. It will be cool some day though.

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome to DC 377. Ford guy huh, me too but the two seater they make is out of my reach and the foreign ones are to expensive to keep up. So the Corvette is the ticket. Their fun to drive and look good to boot.

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,637 Posts
Welcome to DC. Nothing wrong with the blue oval but the Vette is fun to drive

Reactions: Triple dizzle

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started by pulling the motor and trans. The genius my brother in-law had work on it did some humerus things; like remove the AC, and paint the front of an orange motor, blue. Put a chrome timing cover, and an RV cam in it. Totally ignoring the play in the steering, and the “everything leaks” motor compartment. I did spec the cam and remember it was nothing wild. The motor was tight, not a single leak. It was covered in all the other leaks and grime. The motor stock was a 350/TH400. The badge on the console said 165HP.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This broken plastic bracket was the reason the AC was torn out. Literally, hacked off at the firewall and removed. I did repair the bracket a long time ago, and since have removed air handler and ducting. I am planning for a Vintage Air system.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once the motor and trans was removed, I started removing suspension front and rear. This is an Arizona car that lived in a WA garage for about 5 years. Again, the genius who worked on the car, spent money on bolt-ons, not addressing the real issues. Unfortunately, in his process removed the cowl air cleaner and original valve covers. I do wish I still had the air cleaner to work with, but I’ll come up with something trick.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts