Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1965 Cougar II Concept.

It looks amazingly similar to a C2 Corvette.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Very nice lines. Reminds me of a Pantera.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nice, I have never seen that one before. Good looking car

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wow, strikingly similar! Especially the front bumber!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I think ford should have developed the GT40 further and not have let it die , I don't like the current GT

It's too much of a copy of the old GT

They also could have stuck it out with this car,

And kept it a 2 seat coupe but evolved it over time

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
In 1965 I was 15 and a budding car nut. My room was full of car magazines, and I remember well seeing many articles about this prototype Cougar. I was already a Corvette fan, so I doubted Ford could really compete with the Corvette. It was a nice looking concept, though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In 1965 I was 15 and a budding car nut. My room was full of car magazines, and I remember well seeing many articles about this prototype Cougar. I was already a Corvette fan, so I doubted Ford could really compete with the Corvette. It was a nice looking concept, though.

What do you think of the direction Corvette has gone since the 60's?

I bet in 1967 when the Tri Power 427 came out everyone thought that was it. The top performance! Nothing would ever be better!

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Wow, that looks just like my buddies panty-terror! :partyon:
My 2nd favorite car, world wide. In fact, I would have a real hard time choosing between a Vette and a De Tomaso Pantera.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
What do you think of the direction Corvette has gone since the 60's?

I bet in 1967 when the Tri Power 427 came out everyone thought that was it. The top performance! Nothing would ever be better!
From my perspective, that car was the pinnacle. Obviously not in performance, but in terms of beauty, sound and the audacity of putting that big old engine in that light car. If I could afford any car I wanted, that would be the car I would buy. I owned two rubber bumper C3's. I loved the cars, but let's face it - they barely qualified as muscle cars. Having grown up in the muscle car era, and knowing how hard it was to get a street machine into the 12's in the quarter mile, I'm still amazed at the civilized drive of a stock LS3 C6 and how it would compare to those late 60's mid-size muscle cars. It would blow most of them away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts