Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fox faces fallout over misleading footage before Ron Paul interview
By Michael Calderone
Buzz up! Share
retweet
EmailPrint..By Michael Calderone michael Calderone – Thu Feb 17, 12:26 pm ET
On Tuesday, Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer asked Ron Paul to respond to the chorus of boos that greeted news the insurgent small-government Texas congressman had won the Conservative Political Action Conference's presidential straw poll for the second year in a row. There was just one problem with Hemmer's question: The vocal chorus of boos didn't come from last week's 2011 CPAC as the network claimed; rather those boos were from the 2010 conference.

You can watch the 2011 footage, followed by Paul's introduction on Fox this week with the 2010 footage, via the media news site Mediaite:

Paul supporters have claimed that Fox News—which some might expect to promote an establishment Republican over the anti-establishment Paul—intentionally aired the wrong footage to place Paul in a negative light against runner-up Mitt Romney.

Paul's spokeswoman declined to comment to The Cutline.

However, Fox denies any such deception. Michael Clemente, Fox's senior vice president of news, told Mediaite that "we made a mistake with some of the video we aired, and plan on issuing a correction on America's Newsroom tomorrow morning explaining exactly what happened."

Hemmer admitted the error on air today. "It's an honest mistake. We apologize for the error. We look forward to having Representative Paul back on our program very soon," he told viewers.

Still, this isn't the first time Fox has aired the wrong footage in a way that could be perceived as benefiting certain Republicans.

In November 2009, Fox's Sean Hannity had Rep. Michele Bachmann on describing an anti-health care reform rally while airing footage from a significantly larger event led by Glenn Beck a few months earlier. Hannity apologized the next night for the mix-up, which was caught by The Daily Show's Jon Stewart. You can watch the Stewart report below:

The Daily Show - Sean Hannity Uses Glenn Beck's Protest Footage
Tags: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

Fox again aired the wrong crowd footage during a segment just a week later.

Fox's Greg Jarrett reported that Sarah Palin was "drawing huge crowds" while on a book tour. The footage, however, was actually from a larger 2008 campaign event. Fox's management chalked up the incorrect footage to a "production error." The network hired Palin soon after as a contributor."

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
ok, it happens....with the sheer number of video clips they run, it is bound to happen. yes, fox news employees, despite being highly educated, make mistakes too

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
That's not true. That's not true at all. I've personally seen him on many times and he was put in a positive light, each and every time.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
That's not true. That's not true at all. I've personally seen him on many times and he was put in a positive light, each and every time.
Sure, when it isn't election season.. :laughing: But we both know how all the corporate media treats him in election season, hell we have had several chances to witness it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Once and it could be a mistake, but to do it over and over to make pubs look good-- I DON'T THINK SO !

:smack

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
MSNBC also apologizes for using wrong Palin footage

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/11/20/msnbc-also-apologizes-for-using-wrong-palin-footage/

CNN mixes Belgrade riot video, question of mistake or intent ?

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=2013

Do I need to go on ?
That's bullshit and you know it...... Fox News is the only station to air the incorrect footage. Why do you continually attempt to defend them. You do know they just make up stories, right?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Sorry... That -will never happen again.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Sorry... That -will never happen again.
But, but, I thought that after he gouges himself in the gut someone is supposed to lop off his head with a great big ole' long butcher knife.;)

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Ran out of film...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
No one is perfect abd mistakes will happen. However their is a pattern to a lot of fox's mistakes. On several occassions Republicans in hot water have been identified with D's next to their name. This "mistake" implies a democrat is in hot water. Can anyone find a similar mistake what would accidentally make a dem look good or republican look bad?

The footage mixups already mentioned in this thread all happened to make the tea party or republican politicians look better. Can anyone find an example that a mistake made an enemy of fox news look good?

The whole point is plausible deniability. Each individual case could easily be an honest mistake, but when taken together, the mistakes paint fox and friends in a more positive light, while making their enemies look worse. At what point is it no longer a series of coincidences?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The whole point is plausible deniability. Each individual case could easily be an honest mistake, but when taken together, the mistakes paint fox and friends in a more positive light, while making their enemies look worse. At what point is it no longer a series of coincidences?
Are you stating that Fox does this on purpose... and no alternate news outlet does ?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Well hell, I can say that I can squat and **** gold eggs, but until I prove it, it's just bullshit.
Are you denying the politicians in the first link said those quotes?

Are you stating that Fox does this on purpose... and no alternate news outlet does ?
I am stating that the coincidences are starting to pile up if you look at what are the affects of each mistake. I said nothing of the other networks. Feel free to post evidence of other networks doing the same.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Move along, folks. Nothing to see here......There are actually some important things happening around the world that merit real attention. :nuts:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts