Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Of course it's an anonymous former employee. If someone is going to make accusations about their former employer have the balls to put your name to it..... I don't believe a word of it.

The allegation never said they make stuff up.... you just added that for sensationalism. :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, I'd actually be a conservative if they didn't believe in the things they believe in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
"The Source" Who is this so called former Fox insider??? put a name on the source or else all you got is heresay.

I'm starting to see a pattern, your thread on Todd Palin cheating on Sarah had an unnamed source also. By the way how did that pan out for you?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Kos complaining that FOX slants everything to meet their ideology kind of smacks of the pot calling the kettle black. I'll bet FOX doesn't make very many accusations against organizations using anonymous sources. That's gossip column stuff - not journalism.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
When I worked for the Associated Press, we had direct dealings with all of the major news networks. They ALL make up and spin news the way of the producer in the field who is in charge of a particular story. From what I saw first-hand, ABC and CNN (in that order) were the worst in news spin and creative story telling. I saw first-hand a CNN producer ask someone if they had been to the White House before. The answer was, "yes I took the tour once." The story was written as ".... according to White House sources...." this all happened in just a few minutes from the question to on air.

Fox had the "better than thou" attitude towards all others in the news industry, but their reporting was more accurate to what really happened, but they were also first in "explaining" the story to their point of view, which is not necessarily a spin to the right. By explaining is they have "experts" they call on to help explain the news.

Since I made my living (not now) in the news industry what news do I depend on? Breaking news, I go to CNN because they have better resources in the field to report breaking news, then I go to Fox because CNN is quick to spin the story to the left. I watch Fox for accuracy in reporting until they start explaining what happened, but ultimately, I to go to Associated Press, Reuters and BBC for real world news.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KOS? :laughing: You do know US Weekly has a juicy new Palin story you could post...
I know! KOS claiming an anonymous insider and writing an article whose headline doesn't match the body. I founf it amusing and no more damning than what any news org does.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I worked for the Associated Press, we had direct dealings with all of the major news networks. They ALL make up and spin news the way of the producer in the field who is in charge of a particular story. From what I saw first-hand, ABC and CNN (in that order) were the worst in news spin and creative story telling. I saw first-hand a CNN producer ask someone if they had been to the White House before. The answer was, "yes I took the tour once." The story was written as ".... according to White House sources...." this all happened in just a few minutes from the question to on air.

Fox had the "better than thou" attitude towards all others in the news industry, but their reporting was more accurate to what really happened, but they were also first in "explaining" the story to their point of view, which is not necessarily a spin to the right. By explaining is they have "experts" they call on to help explain the news.

Since I made my living (not now) in the news industry what news do I depend on? Breaking news, I go to CNN because they have better resources in the field to report breaking news, then I go to Fox because CNN is quick to spin the story to the left. I watch Fox for accuracy in reporting until they start explaining what happened, but ultimately, I to go to Associated Press, Reuters and BBC for real world news.
Exactly. Any many times, the news is slanted in the direction of their source, even when the org tries to be impartial.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts