Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started tuning up the vette. one thing led to another and i just took the body off the frame. the frame is stitch welded.Should i leave it like that or weld the whole thing up. would it give it more strength oor was it welded like that for flexability?:cheers:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Started tuning up the vette. one thing led to another and i just took the body off the frame. the frame is stitch welded.Should i leave it like that or weld the whole thing up. would it give it more strength oor was it welded like that for flexability?:cheers:

If you have the equipment and the talent to weld it up you should it will help....If you get an older copy of the Chevy Power book (usually available on ebay) you can gusset the frame as Chevy suggests, just ask if the "Corvette section" is in the book, some of the later versions don`t have it.......
....redvetracr

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If you have the equipment and the talent to weld it up you should it will help....If you get an older copy of the Chevy Power book (usually available on ebay) you can gusset the frame as Chevy suggests, just ask if the "Corvette section" is in the book, some of the later versions don`t have it.......
....redvetracr
:agree:

The factory used "skip" welding on the frames, not because they wanted the flex, but because it was cheaper and took less time. Like other things in life, "Stiffer is Better":D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thought I would try my hand at scanning something with my son's scanner.

So this is a test for me and maybe some help for you. :laughing:

A few pages from that Chevy Power manual. I bought mine back in the '80s.
While working at a Chevy Dealer in Florida.

Don't know why the first page is Black and the others look brown.:huh:

Need more testing.........:D

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
GM Power Manual, you will need an older edition. They have the corvette & susp. stuff in them up to the 6th edition. The 7th edition is the current one with the black front w/ 3 engines (BBC, SBC, 90 deg V6) and it does not have the required sections.

You need one of these (haven't been able to get my hands on a 1st 2nd or 3rd editon ... yet)

the 4th 5th and 6th have similar info but each is a little different.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Ít ain't over yet :nuts:

sooo...now that we have your ebay account us nosey types can see what it is you've been buying :) :rolling: Hmm, unductive current meter and an old carb. :laughing:

If I really really really really wanted it...I wouldn't have posted it. Chances are he won't get a lot of bids, not many people look for "power catalog" thats the only edition that is called power catalog..

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Ít ain't over yet :nuts:

sooo...now that we have your ebay account us nosey types can see what it is you've been buying :) :rolling: Hmm, unductive current meter and an old carb. :laughing:

If I really really really really wanted it...I wouldn't have posted it. Chances are he won't get a lot of bids, not many people look for "power catalog" thats the only edition that is called power catalog..
I have nothing to hide. My "special" packages come in plain brown wrappers.:rolling:

Funny thing. That book is like 4 miles from my house.:rolling: :rolling:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Oh, hmm..I know your full name, now I know the approx location...a little searching and we could do a nice http://www.sendaturd.com/ :rolling: I think it comes in a plain brown box :) oh the joys of internet :surprised :partyon:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for the info on the book. And a bigger thanks for making copies of the book for us. Might keep an eye on the book anyway. Bigbird must be a ford type of person .:WTF

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well thanks for the info on the book. And a bigger thanks for making copies of the book for us. Might keep an eye on the book anyway. Bigbird must be a ford type of person .:WTF
I like Fords. As long as they have a build date of 1927 or earlier.:laughing:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks TT!
I printed off a copy. How much else in the book is worth anything? Should i still be looking for a copy on ebay?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I like Fords. As long as they have a build date of 1927 or earlier.:laughing:
:agree:

If it ain't the Grandaddy of the Mustang, don't bother. My Ford is a 1924. Looks like someone put wheels under a phone booth. :rolling:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts