Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on here had any dealings in the last couple of years with this place, Frank's Corvettes in Spring, Texas, since Frank passed away? Our options are getting limited on repairs with our C-5 corvettes because not many people will work on them anymore. Frank's is real close to my house. Have found very few reviews on them and they were not good ones since Frank passed away so of course I am leery. I did have a wrecker driver that I know tell me he takes corvettes to them all of the time. Good or bad, I would sure like to hear from you if you have time to respond. TYIA

· Registered
181 Posts
I would ask for some recent customer referrals, the points they get for being close are nice, but I would be starting from a clean slate with you decision , since things have now substantially changed with the business , as have the reports about the place.

I would especially try to talk to people generating the negative reports, to develop the story. As you know, any snag in a repair is interpreted by the customer, and some people don't know cars, but do know they are always right. Asking the garage about the bad reports would probably be insightful, simply by how they talk about the repair and react to complaints.

I would think that with all the interest in Texas about corvettes, you should be able to call other top garages to get some opinions about what they would do in your place. does the new owner know corvettes, have a track record in the industry, or was just looking to buy a profitable business, would be a good thing to know.

When I was looking for a garage, I tested likely local suspects with minor repair stuff, and it didn't go well, with lots of , " no problem"bravado up front, yet poor results.

I finally found a good place to drop my major work on, just by constantly asking everybody I saw driving a corvette about service, even left a windshield note in an aerospace company's parking lot, and finally met a woman driving an older c3 who said her recommendation was the only place that didn't try to rip her off for an oil change.

It wasn't real close to me, but not bad, and worth it not to have to unwind a bad repair. I know enough about the local chevy dealer to stay the heck away from that place, and generally shun dealer repairs altogether, save for the occasional trips to the parts counter.

I tried contacting both of the local corvette clubs in my area, before I knew how worthless one of them is, and might have gotten results if I had attended an event. In my California neighborhood, I got the impression that repairs on a German car would be a lot easier to achieve.

good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts