Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well i wasnt gonna post pictures of my engine until it was ALL finished, but then i figured what the heck, so here are some before and after pictures of the engine! (oh and the pics of the new engine were taken from my iphone so sorry for the poor quality) And also to save money (im a 17 year high school kid that works at coldstone about 14 hrs a week on minimum wage) i reused both the air cleaner and valve covers and the intake manifold(for now.)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks good man:thumbsup: Couldn't tell from the shiny paint if those were used parts. I was nineteen when I got mine and it has taken me five years to get at where I'm now. Keep it and in a few years when the economy picks up (hopefully) and a better job comes along you'll have her looking sharp:thumbsup: Patience pays off.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i have had mine for a little over a year and i have it almost compl;ete;y restored. i have done bothe front and rear suspensions, engine and looking for a 700r-4 to drop in(even though i really wanted to drop in a muncie) i hope to have it driveable by the beginning of the new year.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Looks like you did great with your engine.

You should be very proud.

Just a thought, it looks like the water pump isn't painted. Is that intentional or just because it's not done yet?

Again, great work.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Is it a stock rebuild or did you do some upgrades

·
Registered
307 Posts
All I can say is you've done one hell of a good job on that. You should get some kind of award for being able to have the insight and knowledge to do that on your budget. Your going to be a great one no doubt. Awesome and congratulations.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
All I can say is, "if your 17 and working 14 hrs a week

and driving a Vette, the rest of us are doing something

really wrong". Excellent job on the motor, the flat black

has a nice contrast to the gloss on the intake.

BTW, nice Vette.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The water pump is actually clear coated with high heat... Idk why i just liked the look of iit. and For the rebuild, I took it to Waynes engine rebuilding in riverside, CA. I really wanted to do the rebuild myself but for time i decided to take it somewhere. There is a hi performance RV cam, upgraded springs, stock rockers, and flat pistons. Thats all i really did with this engine because it will be my DD so i really didnt want to hot rod it that much. (next project is gonna be a sleeper)

and the corvette in my avatar isnt mine, its just what i want mine to look like. Im still in the body sanding stage.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Nice job! You're definitely on the rare side. It seems that most guys your age are building Civics.

You speak the truth. I bought my first '77 when I was 18. I bought the other two '77 Vettes when I was 19.

I had shops work on them until I was 20, when I started doing everything myself.

All my friends were working on Prelude Hondas and Eclipses.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The water pump is actually clear coated with high heat... Idk why i just liked the look of iit. and For the rebuild, I took it to Waynes engine rebuilding in riverside, CA. I really wanted to do the rebuild myself but for time i decided to take it somewhere. There is a hi performance RV cam, upgraded springs, stock rockers, and flat pistons. Thats all i really did with this engine because it will be my DD so i really didnt want to hot rod it that much. (next project is gonna be a sleeper)

and the corvette in my avatar isnt mine, its just what i want mine to look like. Im still in the body sanding stage.
Nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts