Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I got my first Corvette last February, did the museum delivery which was awesome. I've beel a long time dreamer until I finally made the extra effort to get one. I love it so much all the damage it's gotten is from being to careful. I just scuffed my wheel when parking, I was trying to not leave it out to much on the street. From now on I'm getting out and seeing how much space I have. The rim is in good shape, it just has a part where it lost the aluminum polish along the edge. I'm going to see if I can find any threads here that have a solution.

Frank

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to DC. I grew up in Miami. I get back there about once a year.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Greetings! I got my first Corvette last February, did the museum delivery which was awesome. I've beel a long time dreamer until I finally made the extra effort to get one. I love it so much all the damage it's gotten is from being to careful. I just scuffed my wheel when parking, I was trying to not leave it out to much on the street. From now on I'm getting out and seeing how much space I have. The rim is in good shape, it just has a part where it lost the aluminum polish along the edge. I'm going to see if I can find any threads here that have a solution.
Don't sweat the small stuff, Frank. I'll never forget pulling out of a bank ATM, steering with one knee, and SCRAPE.... well... it's still like that. (Maybe you haven't seen www.vettedogs.com yet... LOL.)

Your car now has "experience". Wounds happen. Most everyone has scraped a wheel, you had the balls to actually admit it. :D

Your polished wheels are clear coated, so the only solution is to have the tire dismounted, wheel chemically stripped of the clear coat, then the rash repaired, then the wheel clear coated again. Expensive, time consuming, and you are bound to do it again eventually.

What kind of fun stuff are you doing with your new toy? Any road trips planned? See the USA in your Chevrolet.... :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
experience!

Thanks for the welcome Midnite902 and Patrick for the info on the procedure to fix the wheel. I had no idea it was so time consuming, the damage is actually small but it bugged me. That the car has "experience" is a good way to look at it.

I seem to always mess up my cars by being too carfeful with them, I would always hit the back bumper on my old 2001 Monte Carlo SS because I wanted to back it as close to the wall as possible. I did that like 4 times! Then on my older car a 92 Camaro RS V8 I was in a hurry to get the wheels rotated so I took it to some crummy garage where they put a small scratch on each wheel.

I'm planning to drive the Vette to Canada some time this year, but I was sort of worried about it getting more experience. :laughing:

I enjoyed the vettedogs website, it shows that you should own the car and not let the car own you!

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Welcome from Tampa:thumbsup: Miami is a beautiful area of Florida. I get down that way as much as possible.

Curbing a wheel is what happens when you DRIVE THE DAMNED THINGS!!!:rolling:

Good on you for driving it and not making her a garage queen:thumbsup:

There's a guy here (Glenns Wheel repair) that does an excellent job refinishing wheels andis very reasonable. If you want his number, just ask and I'll get it to you.

Now get some pics up so we can see what the ride looks like.:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts