Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the GM Performance Press Newsletter:

"The plant has been busy preparing for the next generation Corvette, where not only many tools have been installed in general assembly, but several line side builds took place as well. The C6 launch team and most of general assembly is in the midst of Manufacturing Confirmation Build 3 (MCB 3). This is one of the later trials in pre-production that lets the plant test its manufacturing process. More than 30 torque monitoring equipment tools were put in last week in both Trim and the Chassis Department."

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This just keeps getting more exciting!

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah, well the next time the CIA is looking for spooks I'm gonna' give them your address... hehehe...

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
If I told you, I'd have to kill ragvette.:laughing:
:rolling:

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI....Here's a little more from the newsletter....

..."tape on floor marks where C6 tooling or storage containers will be housed during the concurrent build period this spring"......"remember, concurrent build is going to be a huge challenge for the entire plant." The plant is in the midst of..... "getting ready for the C6....many tools installed, many side builds took place as well".

I assume that the "spring concurrent build" means that there will be scheduled C6 assembly in the spring 'alongside' the final C5s.
-----------------------------------------

To add fuel to this, see the "buildout" schedule , this from GM....

"To: All Corvette Dealers

Re: 2004 Corvette Projected Early Buildout (Model/Option)

Date: October 30, 2003

For your planning purposes, the following 2004 Corvette Models/Options are currently planned to buildout early. Since most of these Models/Options are free-flow, dealers are encouraged to take this into consideration for ordering well in advance of the final order placement. Constraints are anticipated the last few weeks on each buildout Model/Option. This plan assumes sufficient Corvette dealer allocation.

Buildout Model/Option Orders Placed & Accepted by:
70U (Torch Red Metallic) Mid-March, 2004

88U (Medium Spiral Gray Metallic) Early April, 2004

79U (Millennium Yellow) Late April, 2004
10U (Arctic White) Late April, 2004
1YY67 (Convertible Model) Late April, 2004
ULO (AM/FM Cassette) Late April, 2004
C2L (Dual Roof Package) Late April, 2004
1SA & 1YY07 (1SA Pkg. Coupe Model) Late April, 2004

86U (Magnetic Red Metallic) Early May, 2004
F55 (Magnetic Selective Ride Control) Early May, 2004
Z51 (Performance Handling Package) Early May, 2004
1YY37 (Z06 Model) Early May, 2004 "

·
Registered
990 Posts
I assume these Buildout/Options will not be on the C6's ?:huh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 'buildout' RPOs are for the last remnants of the C5's production life....this is a memo to Chevy dealers....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts