Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am about to undertake installation of a one piece front clip. My question to anyone who has done this is do you recommend removing the doors prior to mounting the front clip?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I am about to undertake installation of a one piece front clip. My question to anyone who has done this is do you recommend removing the doors prior to mounting the front clip?

Thanks in advance!
PM me you're email, I've got a good pdf about that.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
I've heard that you should align the rear edge of the doors to the rear clip first and then adjust the front clip so it matches the front edge of the doors. Seems like you've need to have the doors on to get it set just right.

I'm going to be doing this same project sometime this year, so I'd love it if you took lots of pics and some notes! :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have a new Ecklers 80' front end that I was going to put on a vette I had, but I ended up selling it without the front end installed, so I didn't get a chance to do it. I think I have installation instructions somewhere for it. If I find them, I'll PM you.

BTW, anybody want to buy a new 80-82 front end for a great price and that could pick it up in central NJ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the answers! I will definitely take a lot of pictures and post them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I haven`t installed a front clip myself. But make sure the doors close properly before you align the front clip. Aligning the doors properly first is the only way to get the panel gaps perfect.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have not done a front clip but played with my front mount frame etc. Make sure you have car sitting on its wheels as it will flex a lot if on stands!! If you need it on stands put them at rear most of frame and at front spring area to simulate wheels on. good luck with it all. will have to do mine one day.:D

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Set the doors to specs. Install the clip with the doors on and using the doors as alignment and spacing guides.

St. Louis did it the other way around, but original door openings were trimmed to fit the doors. We no longer have that option.

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts