·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The VBP kit has adjustable shocks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks didn't catch that! Anyone know how well the non-adjustable ones would work on a street car compared to bilsteins and 550's?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
talk to Josh at Custom Image Corvettes, i know he's got some experience with suspension systems as he's got everything figured out for the Mistress xD i'll try to link him into this thread

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Thanks didn't catch that! Anyone know how well the non-adjustable ones would work on a street car compared to bilsteins and 550's?
if you're just looking for a nice ride and not looking to optimize for different conditions or suspension setups then the non-adjustables will do fine for you. One word of caution... I've heard that these kits will jack the front end way up in the air with the stock springs. Speed Direct makes an adapter plate so you can choose from a wider selection of springs to get the front end down where it belongs.

I know gkull has a set of semi-coil-overs on his 'vette and he spends a lot of time on the track. You might do a search for posts he's made on the topic :thumbsup:

--EDIT--
check this out:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141224&highlight=speed+direct

·
Registered
91 Posts
While you are looking at options, you might want to check out the Van Steel coil over kit too. They use single adjustable QA-1 shocks and HyperCo springs that you can select the spring rate on (I went with 500# front springs with my BB car that has been lighten considerable already from stock). Can lower the ride up to 1 1/2" for driving or up to 2" for show.

I've got a set but will not be able to install them for several weeks yet.
:cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help everyone! I like my current set up just trying to see if it was worth swapping over, don't do any track just a driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts