Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that we have good pictures of the C6 available to us, I was looking at the front end and said to myself I've seen that face before. I dug through some concept car photos and some models that I have at home and noticed something I hadn't seen before. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the front cap of the C6 and headlight treatment reminds me alot of the Corvette Indy with some 2005 updating (just not as pointed). And if that's the case, then our C6 front end treatment is not a copy of the Viper or the Mitsu 3000GT but an evolution of the Corvette Indy which was shown way before these cars hit the street. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Yep, also looks like the Tigershark a little....it was coming from a long time ago IMO. Not the best looking front end to me, but it ain't the worst.;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Corvette Indy Car

I have a Corvette Indy car model that I haven't found the time to put together yet. I searched the archives trying to locate it the other morning and I found that both cars had a very striking similarity!!! The front and even the rear were very similiar!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too!

Yep! I still haven't put my model Corvette Indy or my Stingray III together yet. Hopefully soon.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
leshelt said:
Now that we have good pictures of the C6 available to us, I was looking at the front end and said to myself I've seen that face before. I dug through some concept car photos and some models that I have at home and noticed something I hadn't seen before. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the front cap of the C6 and headlight treatment reminds me alot of the Corvette Indy with some 2005 updating (just not as pointed). And if that's the case, then our C6 front end treatment is not a copy of the Viper or the Mitsu 3000GT but an evolution of the Corvette Indy which was shown way before these cars hit the street. What do you think?
I think you are exactly correct. :cool:
The Corvette designers don't have to draw from other car designs since they have the benefit of fifty years of THEIR OWN concepts and production cars to take inspiration from. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
Yep. I loved that Corvette Indy. I would have sold the house to get one of those had they produced it. It's not nearly as practical as the C5, but it is certainly more exotic. The similarity of the front with the C6 has been noted in several places around the web, so we aren't alone in this observation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is this the CERV III? The pic I found was labeled "Mid-Engine Concept."

I think this "1990's Design Proposal" is pretty cool, too.

:partyon:

·
Registered
16 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. I also loved the Indy. Too bad they never built it or it's cousin the CERV III. Maybe next time? :smokin:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Now this is strictly from the grapevine from some friends of mine that are Corvette enthusiats also but the rumor mill has it that the mid-engine CERV III and then the later Indy mid engine designs potentially may be coming out as the C7 design. We may be wrong but it sure is a great looking car with some of the C6 subtle features in the Indy. I will post if I hear more rumblings.

So Longtimer, you still may have that opportunity some day to trade your house in for one.

Leo

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
leozrada said:
Now this is strictly from the grapevine from some friends of mine that are Corvette enthusiats also but the rumor mill has it that the mid-engine CERV III and then the later Indy mid engine designs potentially may be coming out as the C7 design. We may be wrong but it sure is a great looking car with some of the C6 suttle features in the Indy. I will post if I hear more rumblings.

So Longtimer, you still may have that opportunity some day to trade your house in for one.

Leo
Wow! Talk about a Catch 22. I'm willing to live in the Indy / Cerv but after I sell the house for it, my wife will get half the money in the divorse settlement:( .

Seriously, the Indy / Cerv would make a great stable mate to a Cad version skined as a Cien!! Could this be the Blue Devil?

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Longtimer said:
Yep. I loved that Corvette Indy. I would have sold the house to get one of those had they produced it. It's not nearly as practical as the C5, but it is certainly more exotic. The similarity of the front with the C6 has been noted in several places around the web, so we aren't alone in this observation.
has the LT5 in it, too! :partyon:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Longtimer said:
Wow! Talk about a Catch 22. I'm willing to live in the Indy / Cerv but after I sell the house for it, my wife will get half the money in the divorse settlement:( .

Seriously, the Indy / Cerv would make a great stable mate to a Cad version skined as a Cien!! Could this be the Blue Devil?
Vaughn, do you think they'll EVER go mid-engine?

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
Not unless Cad becomes hellbent on the Cien as part of their world class respect program. If Cad pays for a Middy platform to put their V12 into, the vette team would be foolish not to use it for their top car. I could see a $100k vette limited production middy using a hand built C5R type engine. I could also see that car competing in a Corporate backed race team.

This car would NOT replace the models we can buy today, but begin the expanding of the Corvette line that I have been predicting for years.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Longtimer said:
Not unless Cad becomes hellbent on the Cien as part of their world class respect program. If Cad pays for a Middy platform to put their V12 into, the vette team would be foolish not to use it for their top car. I could see a $100k vette limited production middy using a hand built C5R type engine. I could also see that car competing in a Corporate backed race team.

This car would NOT replace the models we can buy today, but begin the expanding of the Corvette line that I have been predicting for years.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cien=Blue Devil

Since C6 and XLR share the same chassis, GM could save a bunch of money by stepping up to the world with a mid-engined car for both Cadillac (Cien) and Corvette (Blue Devil). The Blue Devil would use the same chassis, but have an exotic Corvette flavor.

Hummmmmm!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts