Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally making some forward progress on my beat up old girl. Feels good to be putting parts back on her after the wreck (My car has scars [wrecked '69]). Took quite a while to get the frame cleaned up and painted (forward of the engine mounts) but in 2 days it went from this:

to this:

All that's left is to install the front calipers, bleed the brakes, put the wheels on, install the doors, and she's ready to drive onto the trailer so I can move to Salt Lake City for my new job.

staged and ready:

control arms installed, but no springs yet:

so great to have a girl that doesn't mind helping out. Everything from looking up torque specs to turning wrenches and setting final torques she's a big help

header and frame horn extensions installed:

I fired her up yesterday for the first time since November. Cranked for a few seconds and popped right off like it was nuthin. Didn't let it run for long, but now that I've got the electric fan harness tweaked to get the fan to run I'll let it get up to operating temp and might take it for a spin around the block.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Congrats on making a lot of progress and particularly in the right direction. No fun having them apart.

Did your front wheel get bent when the track incident occurred?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Did you weild a brace on the Z-bar bracket?

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you weild a brace on the Z-bar bracket?
no, just bent it back with Kevin's torch. It shouldn't see much stress since it only provides a pivot point for the Z-bar so the clutch isn't really applying much of a load to the bracket.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm in the process of moving to KC. Had lunch with TimAT and his wife last week and Tim mentioned about your move. Hopefully we'll be able to meet and talk cars for a bit before you leave.

Things are looking good with your car. I'm glad that the damage was limited and that you'll be getting it back on the road in the near future. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the process of moving to KC. Had lunch with TimAT and his wife last week and Tim mentioned about your move.
what the hell, man. If I had known that maybe I would have stayed! OK, maybe not... :laughing:

I just got out here to SLC last night but will be back in mid-May to do the real moving. Load up a U-Haul and put the 'vette on a trailer. I'll be back for several days around the 16th through the 19th. Would love to get together and maybe check out your 'vette.

First day at Pfadt is this coming Monday, so I don't have very long to find a place to live. Just staying with a buddy for the time being.

·
Registered
636 Posts
what the hell, man. If I had known that maybe I would have stayed! OK, maybe not... :laughing:

I just got out here to SLC last night but will be back in mid-May to do the real moving. Load up a U-Haul and put the 'vette on a trailer. I'll be back for several days around the 16th through the 19th. Would love to get together and maybe check out your 'vette.

First day at Pfadt is this coming Monday, so I don't have very long to find a place to live. Just staying with a buddy for the time being.
I'll officially be up there in KC May 1st. Drop me a PM when you're back, and we'll see if we can get a few guys together.

Hope your new job is interesting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pleased to see the progress, and you're a lucky man not only having a lady that accepts the Vette hobby, but also willing to help out! :cheers: Keep us updated with the progress.

Lester

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I'm in the process of moving to KC. Had lunch with TimAT and his wife last week and Tim mentioned about your move. Hopefully we'll be able to meet and talk cars for a bit before you leave.

Things are looking good with your car. I'm glad that the damage was limited and that you'll be getting it back on the road in the near future. :thumbsup:
Damn lunch with Tim then talking to Jason, next thing you know you will be meeting Kevin. I would be more careful about picking friends...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Welcome to KC...

Ivan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn lunch with Tim then talking to Jason, next thing you know you will be meeting Kevin. I would be more careful about picking friends...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Welcome to KC...

Ivan
Yeah, this ain't the first time people have questioned my judgement regarding whom I'm seen hanging around with. :laughing:

You're on my list, too. I have family up in South Dakota, so I end up driving up 29 quite often. I was hoping to touch base with you some time when I'm up that direction.

·
Registered
244 Posts
looks like it's coming along nicely...Can't wait to see the finished product, keep up the good work...:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts