Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the eForce S/C installed on my 2005 C6 Convt. The front end dropped a couple of inches because of the added weight. I find myself scaping at almost evry speed bump or curb. What is the best way to raise the front of the car back up? Will new heavier shocks alone do the trick? BTW, the eForce is the Bong.:partyon:

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I can't believe you would have a noticeable drop in the front with that system. From the looks of it, I doubt it adds more than 60-70lbs. I think the front C6 spring is around 600lbs/in or so. You would need one hell of a weight on the front to get a couple inches of drop. There's something else going on.

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
I can't believe you would have a noticeable drop in the front with that system. From the looks of it, I doubt it adds more than 60-70lbs. I think the front C6 spring is around 600lbs/in or so. You would need one hell of a weight on the front to get a couple inches of drop. There's something else going on.

"There's something else going on."
it takes several hundred pounds to do that, something like a busted suspension component is more likely

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I had the same issue with my A+A kit. It was about 70 lbs. It was more like a half inch that dropped on the front end. It was just enough for the air dam to scrap over certain bumps/roads. There were no suspension problems. Follow the front leaf spring in the front of the car towards the ends. You will see the black bolts that run through the leaf spring. I forget the size of the bolt. You turn them clockwise to rise the car up. A little hint, take another jack and jack up the front leaf spring by the bolt to take the pressure off to tighten them. Count how many times you turn the wrench, so you can do the same on the other side. I found it easier to do this with the tires off. I have been told this happens, because previous owners may half lowered the car because not everyone runs into this problem. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts